CHAPTER 29

I haven't updated in over three months since I've been editing my story, so I decided to do one chapter from season 2! I'll be back writing more once I finish editing! Thank you for being so patient!

xoxo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing on Emily's mind as she rushed through the entrance of Mystic Falls Hospital was if Elena and Caroline were okay. She hadn't been this afraid since the accident that took her parents away. Emily quickly jogged towards the receptionist desk once she reached the lobby and swiftly asked the older woman, "where is Elena Gilbert's room?"

The older woman looked up at Emily with a friendly smile before she began to type on the old grey desktop that was beside her. Emily could feel every emotion in her body as she tapped her foot impatiently as she waited. Finally after a few seconds, which felt like hours for the brunette, the woman responded politely, "Miss. Gilbert is in room 205."

Emily didn't bother responding to the older woman before she ran through the hallways as she looked for the three digit number. But as she was looking, so spotted two of her friends, so Emily knew she was in the right place. "What happened?" Emily breathed out as she ran towards Bonnie and Matt.

While Bonnie pulled the brunette into a bone crushing hug, Matt answered from a squeaky chair that was in front of the hospital room as he shook his head sadly, "it's not good, Emmie."

"What the hell happened?" Emily questioned as she looked at the blonde with her eyes widened.

Matt rubbed his eyes tiredly before he began to explain, "we were driving and Tyler heard this noise..."

"A noise?" Bonnie asked softly.

But Matt barely heard the brown eyed girl as he continued, "he got this migraine or something and he lost control of the car and... I thought Caroline and Elena were okay and then... and then they weren't."

Emily couldn't even think straight as Matt explained what happened to her sister and best friend. The only thought was that she needed to see the two girls that meant everything to her. Emily stood up from the chair that she was seated in and looked between Matt and Bonnie as she questioned, "where is Elena? I need to see her."

"Emmie..." Bonnie spoke softly.

Emily knew that tone of voice and it was never good. "Where is she, Bonnie? I need to see my sister!" She felt her heart rate speed up as she worried about her twin. Emily felt like she was in another world as she couldn't help Elena while she was hurting.

Bonnie grabbed the brunette's shoulders as she looked into Emily's eyes and spoke softly, "Emily, it's going to be okay. Elena and Caroline are both in surgery." She looked at her friend with glossy eyes as she added, "you can't see her right now."