The One With The New Plan

The Gilbert twins had been sitting on top of Stefan's twin sized bed together for the past fifteen minutes after relaying the news of what happened to the elder Salvatore vampire. Emily and Elena were both anxious (for different reasons) as they had their hands tightly clasped together.

Emily was anxious because she didn't want to waste this opportunity. They had no idea if Klaus found the solution to fixing his hybrids. Hell, for all they know, Klaus and Stefan could already be on their way out of Chicago. Meanwhile, Elena was still buzzing with nerves from being inches from Klaus again. The human girl wasn't a fan of being so close to the reason why she had died.

It was another five long minutes before the front door of Chicago apartment was thrown open by Damon with the Lockwood werewolf quickly following behind him.

The Radkova witch had barely enough time to stand up from the bed before Tyler was tightly embracing her against his chest. Emily gasped in surprise at the sudden movement before she slowly relaxed into her best friend's arms.

Tyler kissed the side of the brunette girl's head before he pulled away from the hug. The Lockwood werewolf placed his palms on either side of Emily's face as he worriedly asked her in rapid fashion, "what happened? Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

Emily squeezed the Lockwood werewolf's waist as she shot him a small and comforting smile. "I'm okay," the Radkova witch promised before she glanced over to her twin sister, who was wrapped safely in Damon's arms before Emily added, "we're okay."

"What even happened?" The Lockwood werewolf asked as he grasped Emily's hands in his own and tightly squeezed them. Tyler looked over to the Salvatore vampire with an angry glare before he snarked, "I thought you said they would be safe here."

Damon placed a soft kiss onto his girlfriend's forehead before Damon rolled his blue eyes when he turned to look over to the Lockwood werewolf. "I didn't know they were going to show up," the Salvatore vampire exclaimed in annoyance.

Emily had no interest in hearing the vampire and the werewolf argue like they had done several times during their road trip. Instead, Emily decided to answer their burning question. "It seemed like we weren't the only ones interested in Stefan's list of names," Emily announced.

Tyler's glare instantly disappeared as he quickly turned back to the Radkova witch in worry. "How did you stay hidden?" The Lockwood werewolf hurriedly asked.

Emily let out a humorless chuckle when she thought about her and Elena's small haven. "We were hiding in the room," the Radkova witch explained as she pointed her thumb back towards the kitchen. "Luckily, Klaus didn't walk inside," Emily mumbled as a chill ran down her body.

While Emily would have protected her twin sister with her life, it still had been quite a scary experience for the Radkova witch. It was even worse when Emily hadn't been prepared to see Klaus or Stefan that soon.

"We're okay," Elena quickly assured the Salvatore vampire and the Lockwood werewolf when she felt Damon tightly squeeze her waist. The human girl knew Damon was blaming himself but there was no need. Elena looked over to her twin sister with a small smile before she added, "Emily kept me safe."

The Radkova witch shot the human girl a smile back before she turned her attention over to Damon. "I'm really hoping you found what you were looking for while you guys were gone," Emily uttered before she stated, "we need to do something now while they are still here in Chicago."

"We did," Tyler exclaimed as he gave the Radkova witch's hand a short squeeze. "We know where Stefan and Klaus are going to be," the Lockwood werewolf stated.

Elena twitched her head to the side as she looked over at the Lockwood werewolf. "Where?" The human girl curiously inquired.

"A local dive bar that Stefan used to frequent back in the twenties." Damon informed the Gilbert twins.