CHAPTER 34

It was around seven in the morning when Emily finally woke up from a dream about a tall guy with curly dirty blonde hair

It was around seven in the morning when Emily finally woke up from a dream about a tall guy with curly dirty blonde hair. She couldn't remember ever seeing his face before, but she just pushed it away as she thought she must've seen him on TV or around town.

Emily glanced down at the alarm clock that was next to her warm bed and noticed the time read '6:35' in big block green letters. Emily sighed tiredly, knowing she still had at least twenty-five minutes until she had to get ready for the day.

Emily reached over and opened her bedside table and grabbed the brown journal that originally belonged to her doppelganger. She decided that she had enough time to read another page. Emily flipped past three entries that she had already read and pulled out the small picture of Katherine and Darina that was used as a bookmark. The young Gilbert girl yawned once before she was engrossed into the writing.

Dear doppelganger,

It has been a week since I learnt about what Niklaus needs me for. I know my end is near. I thought it is a good idea to document my last days with the protector spell over me. Maria said I would begin to feel some changes within myself.

I feel very powerful after drinking the potion that Maria gave me. I can hear more clearly. I can hear the birds chirping, that is behind the small village we live by in our new home of England. Maria says I have really good hearing now and that it is one of the effects of the spell. I can hear everything in our small village. It makes my head hurt most of the time, but Maria says I need to focus to be able to cut the noise out.

I feel very protective over my sister, Katerina. I do not like when she leaves my side. My heart hurts when I do not know if she is safe or not. Maria says that it is the protective spell. Since I always protected her as children, it just gets more powerful with the spell.

My reflex's have gotten stronger and faster. I can hear every footstep that comes towards me. I almost broke a metal plate when Katerina tried to scare me. I do not know if I should tell my sister about the spell. I feel sad that Maria would not place the same spell on her. But I know it is because Maria never liked my sister. I just hope Niklaus does not go after her.

My heart and head hurts a lot more. I think it is because I can feel the end coming. I do not want to tell Maria that the end is near. She has always been like a mother to me. I feel in control now but I know we will not win. I can feel death creeping in the back of my mind. I am not sure, but it could be apart of the spell, maybe I can predict death and Maria did not tell me, like the stories my mother used to tell me about the banshee's.

Maria says I should warn you; if Niklaus does comes for you, if our plan does fail, your experience might be different from mine. Maria told me that she has something different for you when the time comes. I am not sure what that means, only that in due time you shall know. I think Maria does not want to worry me. She only tells me that your experience will be much stronger than mine. I do not know if me writing down what happens to me will help you, but it shall give you an idea what you might have to go through.