CHAPTER 8

Emily was quietly enjoying her cup of coffee as she watched her aunt study for college when Elena suddenly came rushing down the stairs

Emily was quietly enjoying her cup of coffee as she watched her aunt study for college when Elena suddenly came rushing down the stairs. She looked at the two in disgust as she questioned, "are you guys aware of what's going on upstairs?"

"Uh-huh," Jenna mumbled without looking up from her notebook.

Emily smirked as she questioned, "you mean that our brother getting some?"

"And you have no objection?" Elena questioned Jenna.

Jenna chuckled, "he could be craftier about it, at least make an effort to sneak her in and out." She glanced between the two girls as she mentioned, "oh, just so you know, I won't be home for dinner."

Emily groaned as she looked at her aunt. "You're actually going to go on a date with the scum?" She questioned.

Jenna looked at her oldest niece proudly before she explained, "I'm going to show up and torture him, yes." She suddenly turned to Elena with worry in her eyes, "have you heard from Stefan?"

Elena huffed, "not since he left that very vague message three days ago." She cleared her throat before she imitated Stefan's deep voice, "hi, um, Elena, I, um, have something I have to do. I'll, uh, explain in a few days."

Jenna chuckled before she questioned, "have you called him?"

"Nope. Not going to either," Elena mumbled. She looked up at her sister, remembering that Emily and Stefan were friends. "Did he call you?" Elena asked.

Emily nodded her head before she shrugged lightly, "just that he'd call in a couple days." She smirked at her sister as she tried to make Elena feel better, "but I do have to say, you do a better Stefan impression that he does."

While Elena rolled her eyes playfully at her sister, Jenna questioned the brunette softly, "and you're okay with everything?"

Elena slammed the milk that she had in her hand down and sighed, "no, I'm not okay with any of it. But I'm not gonna cry about it either." Elena shook her head as she continued, "you know, I was going to write in my diary this morning and then I thought, what am I going to write? Honestly, I'm not gonna be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy."

As Elena closed her eyes and took a deep breath, Jenna looked over at her oldest niece in surprise, seeing as none of them have ever seen Elena rant like that. "Okay, then," Jenna uttered quietly.

Elena rolled her eyes when she saw that her aunt and sister were looking at each other with wide eyes. "I'll be fine," she mumbled.

Emily and Elena were leaning against the row of grey lockers with Bonnie standing in front of them as the three girls waited for the bell to ring for class. Elena was looking through the crowd of students until she spotted a familiar blonde. Elena bumped her shoulder into her sisters to get her attention. Emily looked at Elena in confusion, before following her sister's brown eyes and saw Caroline smiling away as she bossed people around and handed out flyers for the car wash that they cheerleading squad was organizing.