The One With The Ruby

Emily has already been at the potluck at the Lockwood mansion, which Emily found out was to show the town's unity from Jenna, for two hours now. The Radkova witch had been there for that long and she still hadn't gotten the chance to find Bonnie and talk about her necklace yet.

The Radkova witch was originally just going to drop off the chili and be on her way but Ms. Lockwood ended up pulling Emily into a long conversation with some local public figure. Emily honestly couldn't be bothered to know who she was talking and what the conversation was about when she had a frozen but destructive necklace in her black knitted tote bag.

Thankfully, Emily didn't have to do much of the talking. The Radkova witch was saved when Jenna and Alaric quickly joined the conversation. It gave Emily just enough time to sneak away.

Of course, that wouldn't be the end of Emily's duties as the darling child of Mystic Falls. The Radkova witch got pulled into several other conversations by multiple members of the founding families.

Emily talked about the humid weather with Mrs. Laundry. Emily then talked about the educational system within the local high school with Mr. Yang and talked recipes with Mrs. Kline.

The Radkova witch was currently in the middle of talking to Mrs. Fitter about her new granddaughter before Emily was finally saved by the Forbes vampire.

Emily felt so relieved and happy when she spotted the blonde heading her way. The Radkova witch honestly felt so drained from having all these random conversations when she had more important things to deal with.

"Hello, Mrs. Fitter," the Forbes vampire kindly greeted the elder woman as she moved to stand next to Emily. "I apologize for interrupting," Caroline murmured as she shot Mrs. Fitter a small smile before she stated, "but my mother has been looking for you."

"Oh!" Mrs. Fitter gasped as she placed her palm against her lips in surprise. "What does she need?" The elder woman inquired.

Caroline furrowed her brows as if she was thinking for a moment. "I think she said it has something to do with the library funds," the Forbes vampire informed Mrs. Fitter as the lie easily slipped from her mouth.

Mrs. Fitter's deep brown eyes widened before a sense of excitement took over her body. "Oh, that's excellent news!" The elder woman exclaimed. "Where's that lovely mother of yours, anyway?" Mrs. Fitter asked the blonde teenager.

Caroline pointed her thumb behind her as she told Mrs. Fitter, "she's in the ballroom."

"Thank you, dear," Mrs. Fitter murmured as she reached over and patted Caroline's lower arm before she turned attention over to the Gilbert girl. "I'm sorry to cut this talk short," the elder woman apologized with a frown before she stated, "but I really should speak with the sheriff."

Emily quickly waved her hand to brush off the apology before she shot Mrs. Fitter a kind smile. "It's perfectly fine," the Radkova witch assured the elder woman. "We can always catch up later," Emily mentioned.

Mrs. Fitter released a sigh of relief as she placed her palm over heart. "Thank you," the elder woman murmured as she smiled across at the brunette teenager. "I'll have to hold you to that, though," Mrs. Fitter exclaimed as she pointed her index finger at Emily with a wide grin.

"Yes, ma'am," Emily murmured in agreement as she shot the elder woman a polite smile.

"Well, I should be going," Mrs. Fitter uttered. The elder woman looked at the two teenage girls with a bright smile stretched across her face. "Have a nice day, girls," Mrs. Fitter exclaimed before she waved her hand as a farewell.

The Radkova witch and the Forbes vampire watched Mrs. Fitter with polite smiles displayed across their lips until the elder woman made it into the ballroom.