The One With The Aftermath

It was just after two in the morning when Emily finally saw the Salvatore boarding house in her sights after a very long night that was usually filled with so much fun.

It took way longer than Emily would have liked to leave the bonfire, especially when the Radkova witch was so exhausted from the night's events.

Obviously, they didn't have a way home since the vampire hunter's car was blown up, so Emily, Alaric, and Stefan had to wait for the Sommers vampire to come pick them up.

While they waited for Jenna to come, the trio also had to file a police report after there were multiple calls to the police station about an explosion at the party.

Thankfully, Emily and Alaric sweet-talked the deputy to chalk it up as a faulty car issue and not a targeted attack before a wrecker driver hauled the ruined SUV off to the salvage yard.

The car ride to the Salvatore boarding house in Jenna's small car was mostly silent -- besides the Sommers vampire questioning what happened to Alaric's car and constantly making sure Emily was okay.

While Jenna sprouted her worries onto her niece and boyfriend, Emily had been occupying herself by answering multiple text messages from the group chat that she shared with Scott, Stiles, and Allison from Beacon Hills.

The Radkova witch had quickly texted the group chat before Scott could even think about driving to Mystic Falls at the feeling of their shared mark burning up from almost falling to her death and being burnt alive.

Emily was honestly too exhausted to recap the whole night to the trio, so Emily just assured the group that she was perfectly fine and that she would explain everything in the morning.

The Radkova witch had just texted good night to the group chat before she felt Jenna's car slowly pulling to a stop. Emily glanced out the window before she released a breath of relief when Emily saw they were parked in front of the boarding house.

Emily reached between the two front seats before she placed her palm onto the Sommers vampire's shoulder. "Thanks for the ride, Jen," the Radkova witch murmured as she praised her aunt.

Jenna turned to face her niece before she shot the Radkova witch a small smile. "It wasn't a problem," Jenna assured her niece before she told Emily, "get some rest, Emmie."

"I will," the Radkova witch promised before she gave Jenna's shoulder a short squeeze. Emily shot her aunt a small smile in return before she opened the door and exited out of the Sommers vampire's car.

Emily would usually be worried about what they were going to do with the emotionless vampire after they went through this whole plan to trap Stefan but Emily was honestly too exhausted to care at the moment.

Emily just wanted to go to sleep, so she didn't even both giving the emotionless vampire a second glance after she climbed out of the car. Instead, the Radkova witch headed straight up the porch before she opened the front door to the Salvatore boarding house.

Emily didn't get the option to feel that state of comfort after coming home after a long night when she suddenly gasped in surprise when she felt a body slam right into hers.

However, the Radkova witch quickly relaxed once she smelled the familiar scent of the strawberry shampoo and conditioner that she knew Elena has used since they were fourteen.

"Thank God you're okay!" Elena gasped as she tightly wrapped her arms around the Radkova witch's shoulders. "I'm so sorry I left you out there," the human girl hurriedly apologized, "but Dam---"

Emily softly chuckled at her twin sister's ramblings. "It's okay," the Radkova witch murmured as she interrupted Elena's string of apologies. Emily assuringly squeezed her sister's waist before she pushed herself out of Elena's tight embrace.