The One At The Airport

Emily jumped out of Damon's blue Mustang that he let her borrow for the day before she met Deaton and Scott at the sliding double doors of Richmond International Airport. Emily was honestly surprised that Stefan let her go out this far from Mystic Falls by herself but Stefan had said he had a lead on a cure for Damon, so Emily didn't say anything when they all just wanted to help the eldest Salvatore with his werewolf bite.

"You didn't have to drive us all the way out here," Deaton told the Radkova witch as they walked through the crowded airport, "we could have just gotten an Uber."

"I know," Emily murmured as she walked between Deaton and Scott before she added, "but it was the least I could do with everything that you've done for me." Emily honestly was so thankful for Deaton and Scott's help. If it weren't for them, she could have seriously hurt someone important to her.

"Again," Deaton began with a small chuckle before he told the blonde teenager, "it was an honor to be able to help a Radkova witch."

Emily furrowed her brows as she glanced over at the druid. "You've said that once before," Emily commented before she curiously wondered, "what's so big about helping a Radkova witch?"

Deaton shot the Radkova witch a soft smile before he mentioned, "I'm sure you know this already, but you are the last living true witch of the Protector of the Innocence and the Radkova coven." Deaton briefly glanced over to Emily before he informed the young witch, "your kind is very important in my line of work. I used to hear stories and stories about how major it was to have a Protector of the Innocence on your side. In fact, centuries ago, if a werewolf pack had a druid and a Protector of the Innocence, they were unstoppable and unbeatable."

"So, if you ever get tired of Mystic Falls, I would love to have you in my pack," the McCall werewolf joked as he jumped into the conversation. Scott may be joking around but he did know how big it would be if he had Emily on his side in Beacon Hills. They would never have to worry again for the residents of Beacon Hills when a bad person would come into town.

Emily released a small chuckle as she looked over to the McCall werewolf. "I think I'm happy here in Mystic Falls," the Radkova witch stated before she jokingly told Scott, "but thanks for the offer."

Scott lightly shrugged his shoulders before he teased with a playful grin playing on his lips, "eh, it was worth a shot."

The trio of the witch, the druid, and the werewolf shared a series of laughter together before Deaton continued to speak to Emily about their previous conversation as he told her, "if you would like, I could send you everything I know about the Radkova coven and the Protectors of the Innocence."

Emily's green eyes widened in surprise before she quickly exclaimed, "I would love that! The only thing I really know is from my doppelganger, Darina, so anything would be great, so I can understand more about being a Protector of the Innocence." The Radkova witch briefly bit down on her bottom lip before she mumbled, "at least then I'll know I'm not messing up or disappointing the past Protectors of the Innocence."

That was always a fear of Emily's. She was so worried that she would somehow disappoint Maria and Darina or that someone made a mistake along the way of making her the last Radkova witch. Emily just didn't want Maria's death to be all for nothing if she couldn't even live up to the name of a Protector of the Innocence.

Deaton placed his palm onto Emily's shoulder and gave it a light squeeze before he assured the young witch, "if you are one of the lucky few to be branded the name of the Protector of the Innocence, then that means you were picked for a reason." Deaton shook his head before he muttered as knew Emily must be feeling disheartened from her emotionless period, "this was just a small setback from gaining such strong powers. I believe you'll make everyone proud."