The One With The Chili

It has been a week since Emily, Elena, Damon and Tyler had gone to Chicago to bring the younger Salvatore vampire back home. It has been a week since Stefan turned them down. It has been a week since Emily got her heart broken by the one person she has ever romantically loved.

After the group of supernatural beings had returned home to Mystic Falls, Emily didn't want to do much of anything. Emily had decided she didn't even want to be at Salvatore boarding house. It reminded her too much of Stefan and the happiness they used to have with one another. Instead, Emily had been staying at her childhood home since their return.

Naturally, the Radkova witch wasn't truly alone like she would have liked to be able to dwell in her sadness and heartbreak. Damon and Elena had temporarily moved into the Gilbert house to be there for Emily -- along with Alaric, Jenna, and Jeremy, who still lived in the house.

Emily appreciated the support greatly but that didn't mean that she didn't hide herself away in her bedroom all week. The Radkova witch didn't mean to shut everyone out but she just wanted to be left alone. Emily's social meter was practically nonexistent for the time being.

The Radkova witch, of course, didn't stay completely locked away in her bedroom. Emily would come out to eat or Elena would bring her food during the days where Emily didn't have an energy to leave her room. The Radkova witch even had a few conversations on the phone with the trio of Scott, Stiles and Allison in Beacon Hills.

It took a lot out of Emily to have those conversations, though. It was like everything Emily had fought so hard to do these past two weeks were all for nothing. The Radkova witch felt too numb to do anything else but sulk away in her bed.

It was as if half her heart was ripped away from her before she was dropped on an unknown planet with an open and bleeding wound.

The Radkova witch didn't want to do anything but stay in bed and wallow in her sadness. That had been Emily's plan for the eighth day in the a row. However, sadly, Emily would have to leave her bed and the safety of the Gilbert house today.

Mrs. Lockwood was hosting some sort of founders' party or potluck thing today at the mayor's mansion. Emily honestly couldn't say what it was for. The Radkova witch hadn't exactly been paying attention to the town's activities as of lately.

Emily would rather not go and have to put on a fake smile for Mystic Falls' residents but Emily knew she needed to go. Jenna, of course, was going as well but Emily felt like as the face of the Gilbert family that she needed to represent her parents, no matter how much she didn't want to.

The Radkova witch, however, did plan to stay cuddled up in her warm blanket for as long as possible. Elena had already picked out a cute summer dress for Emily to wear to the party. All Emily had to do was slip on the outfit and deal with her bed head before she would be ready to go.

The Radkova witch was absently rubbing her thumb across the red ruby on the vervain necklace that Stefan had given her so long ago before there was suddenly a knock at the door.

Emily glanced over to her bedside table and over to alarm clock. The Radkova witch furrowed her brows in confusion when she saw that they still had two hours until they had to leave for the Lockwood party.

There was no reason for Elena to be knocking at the door, especially since she was supposed to be downstairs with Bonnie making the chili for the party. It wouldn't be Damon, either, since he wouldn't even bother knocking -- same with Jeremy. The only answer the Radkova witch could come to that it was either Jenna or Alaric at the door.

Emily wanted to be presentable if it was the Saltzman hunter, so Emily forced her body to sit up before she leaned back against the headboard. "Come in!" Emily called out to the person.