The One With The Werewolf

♫ under the sea

under the sea

darling it's better

down where it's wetter

take it from me

Emily groaned as she blindly reached for her cell phone that was hidden underneath the pillow her head was resting on. It was the familiar ringtone that belonged to her aunt Jenna. Emily brought the phone to her face once she had found it before she instantly regretted it when the bright light took her vision for a few seconds. But once she could see again, Emily swiped right on the screen before she brought the device up to her ear. "Hello," she mumbled in a groggy voice.

Jenna chuckled through the phone when she heard the tiredness in her oldest niece's speech. "Are you seriously just now waking up?" She questioned in amusement.

Emily pushed her messy brown bed hair from her eyes as she sat up and leaned against the wooden headboard. "Yes, Ariel," she uttered tiredly before explaining, "Caroline was having some problems, so I stayed up with her all night."

Jenna groaned through the phone instantly when she heard the familiar nickname that her sister had gave her when they were children. "Please never call me that again - especially not in public," she pleaded to her niece.

Emily couldn't help but chuckle at her aunt's embarrassment of her resemblance to The Little Mermaid. "Hey, if the shoe fits," she joked before growing serious as she wondered, "so, what can I do for you at the crack of dawn?"

"Emily, it is almost eight o'clock in the morning," Jenna scolded before she informed her niece the reason she called, "but I just wanted to remind you that we need to be at the Lockwood's in less than an hour to help with the Masquerade Ball."

Emily nodded her head silently as she remembered the exact event which was written down on her small flower calendar that hung on her wall at the Gilbert house. "Yeah, I know," Emily muttered as she yawned. "I'll meet you in front of the mansion soon," she promised.

"Alright, good. I'll see you soon," Jenna stated before she scolded her niece once again but with humor in her voice this time, "now don't go falling back to sleep, young lady."

Emily chuckled quietly before she spoke with a large smirk, "I'll see you under the sea soon, Miss Ariel." But when she didn't get a response from her aunt, Emily pulled her phone away with furrowed brows before she looked down at the screen. "Rude," Emily mumbled under her breath when she noticed her aunt had hung up on her.

Emily threw her cell phone onto the pillow as she slid out of the large king sized bed. She did so as quietly as she could, since she didn't want to wake up Caroline, who was sleeping on the other side. She and the blonde had stayed up all night like they used to do. But instead of her medium sized room at the Gilbert house, it was now spent inside the last bedroom on the left side of the hallway in the Salvatore boarding house. Emily basically had claimed the room as her own with how many times she and Elena had stayed over.