The One With The Real Truth

Elena had quickly grabbed Damon's spare key to his Mustang when she was rushing out of the Salvatore boarding house to catch up with her twin. Thankfully the human girl did or she and Emily would have had to walk to their childhood home and that would have taken the sisters at least forty minutes if they jogged.

It only took the Radkova witch fifteen minutes before she parked Damon's mustang behind her aunt's red vehicle in the driveway. The twin sisters exited out of the car before they silently walked up the porch to the Gilbert house together.

Emily wrapped her fingers around the bronze doorknob before she twisted it and opened the front door. The Radkova witch let Elena walk enter first before she followed soon after.

Emily quietly closed the door behind them before the Radkova witch paused in the foyer to listen to see where Jenna and Alaric were. The brunette girl quickly noticed the sound of the TV blaring from the living room.

Emily lightly tapped her sister's wrist to alert Elena where she was going before Emily led her twin towards the living room. The Gilbert twins walked into the large area and found their aunt cuddled underneath a fluffy blue blanket on the couch with Alaric while an old black and white film was playing on the TV.

The Radkova witch immediately recognized the film as Roman Holiday. It was something Jenna would always watch when she was sick or feeling down.

The thought of what this film meant for her aunt made Emily feel guilty that this was the first time that she was seeing Jenna since the death of her close friend. Emily really wished she could have came sooner to check on her aunt but everything else just got in the way after she found out the truth from Damon.

"Hey, Jen," the Radkova witch gently called out to alert the Sommers vampire and the Saltzman hunter to her and Elena's presence.

Jenna quickly looked up from the pillow that her head was resting against before a tiny smile rose to her lips. "Hey, girls," the Sommers vampire greeted her nieces.

Emily crossed the living room until she was standing in front of her aunt in her laid down position on the couch. The Radkova witch bent her knees until she eye level with Jenna before she shot her aunt a soft smile. "How are you feeling?" Emily gently asked as she grasped her aunt's hand and began to stroke it.

Jenna lightly lifted up her right shoulder in a shrugging motion. "I could be better," the Sommers vampire admitted with a quiet chuckle.

The Radkova witch felt sorrow fill up her heart as she stared across at the Sommers vampire. Emily wished more than anything to be able to change what happened last night at the news studio. Emily wished she could take away her aunt's pain from what she witnessed.

"I'm so sorry about Andie," the Radkova witch told her aunt as she squeezed the vampire's hand. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you," Emily mumbled with a deep frown embedded on her face.

"Hey, it's okay," Jenna quickly promised her niece as she placed her other hand on top of Emily's warmer one. "Ric has been with me the whole time," the Sommers vampire assured Emily before she joked, "so much that I'm starting to get sick of him."

"Hey!" The Saltzman hunter loudly exclaimed as he looked at his girlfriend with an offended expression before the trio of women in his life giggled at his expense.

Emily was the one to break the laughter as she focused back onto her aunt with a serious look to her green eyes. "I really am sorry," the Radkova witch quietly mumbled as she moved her gaze down to their conjoined hands, "I'm so sorry Stefan would do something this." Emily shook her head before she muttered, "I still can't believe it."