CHAPTER 32

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

xoxo

----------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Emily and Elena sat in the middle of the Salvatore boarding house as they waited for Alaric to arrive. Stefan and Elena had came knocking on Emily's bedroom door in the early hours, saying that they needed to contact Alaric so they could get some information from him. Emily wasn't really sure what they needed to talk about, but since Elena already knew what was going on, she decided to just follow along.

"Thanks for coming, Ric," Damon greeted as the man of the hour entered the living room. "Can I get you something to drink?" He questioned as he stood over the alcohol table, "coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

Alaric shook his head as he looked at Damon, "I'm good." He glanced over to the Gilbert girls and focused his attention on the new vampire for a moment longer before stating, "Emily said you needed my help."

"Yeah," Stefan sighed lightly as he held Elena's hand in his. "We were hoping you could shed some light on the Lockwood family," he explained once Alaric had sat across from them.

Emily looked over at Stefan in confusion as she questioned, "wait, why do you want to know about Tyler's family?" She didn't even know there was anything to suspect; especially if it involved the supernatural part of life.

"Your bestie's family is hiding some secrets," Damon smirked at Emily as he made his way over to the toasty fireplace.

"But why would you think I'd know anything about the Lockwood's?" Alaric questioned as he stirred the conversation back on topic.

"Well, you wouldn't," Damon drawled out as he looked over at Alaric, "but your dead, not dead vampire wife might."

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together," Elena clarified.

"You said that she spent years researching this town," Stefan added.

Alaric looked down at his lap as he played with the ring that the aforementioned woman had gave him years ago. "Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklore and legends," he explained once he had looked up at the faces that were watching him closely, "but at the time I thought much of which was fiction."

"Like that amazing vampire story," Damon uttered with a smirk.

Elena cleared her throat awkwardly as she was not used to that word being something to describe her. "Aside from vampires, what else?" She questioned lowly.

Alaric furrowed his brows as he racked his mind before he responded simply, "the lycanthrope."

While the three vampires confusingly glanced at each other, Emily looked at the history teacher with her green eyes widened. "You're telling me there are werewolves here in Mystic Falls?" She questioned in astonishment.