The One With The Arcade

It was about five-fifteen when Emily slowly walked down the steps of Mystic Falls High School with her binder and history textbook hugged against her chest. Emily usually would be home by now but she had to attend a student council meeting.

The Gilbert girl didn't even want to go to the meeting since she had so many other things to worry about. Emily only went because it was a meeting about the next decade dance. Emily didn't go for herself but for Caroline.

The Forbes vampire begged Emily to go to the meeting and convince the student council to not pick the Y2K era for the next decade dance. Emily was sure the Forbes vampire would be pleased when she finds out that the next decade dance in a few months will be based in the twenties.

Emily was in her own little world as she walked through the parking lot of Mystic Falls High School as she thought about the homework she needed to get done tonight. The Gilbert girl was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even hear anyone walk up to her, so it was no surprise when Emily flinched and squealed when she suddenly felt an arm being thrown over her shoulder.

The Radkova witch hurriedly looked beside her before she almost immediately relaxed when she saw it was Tyler. Emily lightly slapped the Lockwood werewolf's chest for scaring her before she mumbled, "a little warning next time."

Tyler released a heavy chuckle before he told the Gilbert girl, "I did. I called out your name like five times."

"Oh," Emily mumbled with a small frown. The Gilbert girl had been realizing a lot lately that she has been getting lost in her thoughts. Emily knew it was because of all the episodes she kept on having. Emily knew she needed to get a control on it before people started to worry.

The Gilbert girl quickly hid her frown, so Tyler didn't notice it and think something was wrong. "What are you doing out here?" Emily curiously asked as she moved past their previous conversation while Emily turned to the face the Lockwood werewolf.

Emily glanced down to her rose gold watch on her wrist before Emily looked back up at the werewolf and commented, "I thought you would have football practice at this time."

Tyler carelessly shrugged his shoulders before he muttered, "I decided to skip."

"Why?" Emily questioned with her brows slightly furrowed.

"Well, it's been awhile since we hung out together," the Lockwood werewolf stated, "so, I thought we could go chill."

Tyler honestly missed being around the Gilbert girl. They used to hang out everyday but ever since the supernatural world came into their lives, Tyler only ever gets to see Emily when something is wrong.

Tyler wasn't blind. He had notice how much Emily has been struggling lately. The Radkova witch wasn't that same happy and smiley girl she usually was. Tyler just wanted to see that beautiful smile on her face again.

"Asshole!" The Gilbert girl exclaimed as she pushed onto Tyler's chest. "You scared me," Emily mumbled with a pout on her lips, "I thought something was wrong."

Tyler released an amused chuckle before he exclaimed, "something is wrong!" The Lockwood werewolf grabbed Emily's hand and placed it over his heart. "I missed being with you," Tyler murmured as he smiled softly at the Gilbert girl.

Emily playfully rolled her green eyes at her best friend. "I guess we can hang out," the Gilbert girl exaggeratedly muttered.

"Oh, come on now," the Lockwood werewolf whined with a pout on his lips. "It's not like I'm forcing you," Tyler mumbled.

Emily giggled as she watched the Lockwood werewolf act like a small child. The Gilbert girl decided to put Tyler out of his misery after a few minutes of watching the werewolf whine and groan. Emily squeezed the Lockwood teenager's hand before she stated, "I would love to hang out with you."