The One With The Heart Spell

It has been exactly thirty days, one month, seven hundred thirty minutes, since Elena's death, since the sacrifice, and since Stefan was forced to leave Mystic Falls with Klaus. It was hard for Emily sometimes when she realized that she couldn't go hang out with her twin sister or cuddle with her boyfriend but Emily was dealing with it. The thing that helped Emily the most was her being the Protector of the Innocence.

The Radkova witch felt more confident and in control of her magic abilities everyday that passed and she adapted more and more. Emily honestly fell in love with being a witch. It wasn't just something that she had to deal with. It was something that Emily actually enjoyed doing.

Emily loved waking up and learning a new spell. Emily loved the long conversations that she had about magic with Deaton and Bonnie. Emily loved reading more about Maria Radkova and the magic they share. It was always a new and exciting adventure for the newest witch.

While Emily found happiness in being a Radkova witch, she still did have her moments of grief like any normal person would after the death of her twin sister and the disappearance of her boyfriend.

The days that Emily really missed her twin sister or felt saddened over her death, the Radkova witch would always find herself with Damon either drinking bourbon at the boarding house or they would go to the Grill and spend all their night getting drunk and cheering one another up with talking about happy memories with Elena.

The days that Emily really missed her boyfriend, the Radkova witch would lock herself up in Stefan's bedroom and check on her boyfriend's well-being or she would send him comforting messages to his mind through the spells that Bonnie had found for her.

The two spells had really helped Emily a lot this last month. She may not be able to get a response back from Stefan but it helped her cope as she knew the Salvatore vampire was listening to her and that she could check on his well-being and she could feel his emotions. The Radkova witch could only hope her messages were helping Stefan keep him sane while he's stuck with the hybrid.

Emily, for the most part, was doing a lot better than she was doing last month. Emily was, to simply put it, surviving. Things weren't perfect but Emily was making the most of her days as best as she could. It definitely helped that she had her family (Jenna and Jeremy) and her friends (Stiles, Scott, Allison, Deaton, Bonnie, Caroline, Alaric, Damon and Tyler) in her corner.

The Radkova witch woke up this morning at six in one of her Elena funks that she got sometimes when Emily was really missing her twin. Emily didn't want to talk to Damon about old memories of Elena or hang out with Caroline and Bonnie right now. Emily just wanted to feel the presence of her twin sister, so Emily decided to go to the Gilbert house for a little bit.

The Radkova witch quietly slipped out of her bed when she had her plan and grabbed Stefan's dark blue hoodie from her closet before she slipped it on. Emily grabbed the Radkova grimoire off of her desk, her cell phone, and her laptop before Emily quietly headed downstairs of the Salvatore boarding house. Emily didn't want to alert Damon, Jenna, or Alaric (the last two were staying here while Jenna got used to be a vampire) that she was leaving, so Emily kept very quiet as she grabbed Jenna's car keys from the living room before the Radkova witch snuck out of the boarding house.

Emily felt a sense of calmness as she drove to her childhood home with the soft sounds of Adele that Aunt Jenna always loved to listen in to playing on the CD player in the Honda vehicle. The Radkova witch reached the Gilbert house after four songs on Adele's 21 album. Emily parked the Honda in the driveway before she grabbed her grimoire along with her cell phone and laptop before she headed to the house.

Emily unlocked the front door with her key before she called out, "Jer?" The Radkova witch wasn't sure if her brother was awake, sleeping, or not even in the house. Emily didn't want to scare Jeremy if he randomly saw her walking around the house when he thought it was empty, so the Radkova witch searched through the living and the kitchen before she headed upstairs when she couldn't find the younger Gilbert.