CHAPTER 15

Emily groaned when she woke up

Emily groaned when she woke up. Instead of being able to roll around in her nice warm bed, she met with a cold window. Emily quickly sat up and ignored the pain in her neck. She looked around and realized she was in a moving car. Emily glanced over at the driver's seat and saw Damon Salvatore. Emily sighed, she really hoped last night was a dream, but she wasn't that lucky. Emily quickly remembered Elena, so she glanced in the back seat and sighed, glad her sister was still with her.

Having heard the oldest Gilbert, Damon glanced over to her and smirked, "good morning, sunshine."

Emily ignored the older Salvatore and reached to the backseat and felt for Elena's pulse, and thankfully it was still there. Emily needed to make sure for herself that her sister was okay since she hadn't seen Elena awake since before the crash. Emily turned back around and looked out the window in confusion, "are we not in Mystic Falls?" Emily asked, not recognizing her surroundings.

"Nope," Damon simply answered.

Before Emily could question him even further, Elena groaned from the backseat. Emily turned in her seat, and watched her sister carefully. Elena looked around confused, just like her sister was. "Where are we?"

"Georgia," Damon answered Elena's question and Emily's next question she was going to ask.

Elena looked at her sister in shock and turned back to Damon, "no, no. no, we're not. Seriously, Damon. Where are we?"

Damon glanced over to Emily with a playful eye roll before stating to Elena, "seriously, we're in Georgia." Damon looked back at Elena, "how ya feeling?"

"I-I" Elena trailed off not knowing what to say. She was beyond confused and her body was hurting all over the place. Emily gave her sister a warm smile, "you're okay, Lena."

Elena looked at her sister confused and scared, "but your car..." Elena trailed off in thought before continuing to mumble to her sister, "there was a man... you hit a man." Elena's eyes widen, "but then he got up..." Elena trailed off.

Emily turned to Damon in wonder, "do you know who it was?"

Damon shook his head, "no, I've been wondering the same thing."

It was silent for a moment before Elena yelped, "where is my phone?" Damon didn't say anything so Elena began to start to freak out, "okay. We really need to go back. Nobody knows where we are. Pull over." Elena pleaded, "I mean it, Damon. Pull over! Stop the car!"

Damon pulled the car to a stop on the side of the road and groaned, "why can't you be as fun as your sister?" Emily smirked, not the first time Emily heard that she was the more fun sister out of the two girls. Ever since they were young, Emily was the more outgoing one.

Once the car was stopped, Emily quickly jumped out of the blue car and helped Elena out of the backseat. As soon as Elena's feet touched the ground, she bent over in pain. Emily held onto her sister, encase she would pass out. Suddenly Damon came over quickly and crouched down in front of Elena, "hey," he spoke softly.