The One With The Three Shadows

Emily was convinced today was the worst start of a new school year ever. The Radkova witch was honestly ready to just go home and never be seen again. Emily felt like she couldn't breathe on her own when she constantly had three shadows following her every move. Emily felt like a prisoner at this point.

After leaving Alaric's classroom, Emily had gone to her AP environmental science class, which she shared with the Salvatore vampire. Stefan annoyed her the entire lesson. Emily couldn't remember a single piece of information she learned with Stefan bothering her for the entire hour.

Emily thought she would get to finally relax when she headed to her art class since she knew the Salvatore vampire wouldn't be in this class. However, the Radkova witch was horribly mistaken when a cocky and grinning Rebekah came strutting into the art studio. The original vampire spent the whole hour asking Emily questions that she tried her best to ignore.

Emily's horrible day didn't end there, either. The last of her three bodyguards, of course, made his appearance known when Emily arrived to her Physics class. The Radkova witch had barely sat down at her desk before Tyler was rushing to the seat beside her. Emily loved Tyler dearly but she wanted to use her powers to shut him up when the new hybrid spent the whole hour talking about how much of a good guy Klaus was.

Emily practically sprinted out of her physics class when the bell rang to get away from Klaus' number one fan.

Emily never thought she would say this but she was very glad to be going to her P.E class next. Emily usually wasn't a fan of any sort of exercise besides cheerleading. However, Emily figured it would, for one, help her clear her mind and two, help build up her cardio for Alaric's vampire training.

The Radkova witch did a quick outfit change in the girls' locker room into a pair of black basketball shorts and a grey Mystic Falls Timberwolves t-shirt along with a pair of white sneakers that Emily always kept in her locker.

Emily grabbed her cell phone and iPod from her backpack before she shoved the bag into her locker and locked it up for the next hour. Emily made sure her shoelaces were tied perfectly before Emily silently made her way through the building until she reached the track outside.

The Radkova witch slowly walked towards the track as she was busy looking through the playlists on her iPod. Emily ended up putting a 30 Seconds To Mars album on shuffle after not finding anything she was in the mood to listen to.

Emily shoved her cell phone and iPod into the pocket of her black basketball shorts before she finally looked up. A small smile appeared on Emily's face when she found her twin sister waiting on her as she was stretching at the entrance of the track. Emily knew if anyone could pick up her mood it would definitely be her other half.

"Hey!" Emily called out as she jogged over to her twin sister.

Elena quickly stood up straight from her bent over position when she heard someone shouting her way. Elena glanced through the many faces before a grin pulled onto her lips when she found Emily heading her way.

"Hey!" Elena shouted back as she waved her hand at her twin sister.

Emily finally reached Elena's side after she weaved her way through her fellow classmates. Emily wrapped her arm around Elena's shoulder as they began to head out onto the track. "You ready for some running?" Emily teasingly asked her twin sister.

"Not at all," Elena murmured with a chuckle as she leaned her head against Emily's shoulder.

Emily released her own chuckle. "Come on," the Radkova witch murmured as she squeezed her twin sister's upper arm. "Think of this as training," Emily suggested.