CHAPTER 12

Early the next morning, Emily was seated right in front of sheriff Forbes

Early the next morning, Emily was seated right in front of sheriff Forbes. After the search for Vicki didn't go anywhere in the small town, the police decided that they would get involved and began questioning anyone Vicki would have known. Each of the Gilbert siblings were being asked questions, Emily being the last one. But she wasn't worried, sheriff Forbes had always loved Emily like a daughter since she grew up with Caroline.

"Thank you for coming in, Emily," sheriff Forbes told her daughter's best friend.

Emily smiled, "it's no problem."

Sheriff Forbes nodded her head before she began her questions, "where did Vicki say she was going?"

Emily shook her head, "she didn't. I wouldn't know anyway. I've always been more friends with Matt than Vicki."

"Did she tell your brother anything?" Sheriff Forbes continued.

"Jeremy told me that Vicki said she was leaving town," Emily commented.

"So you really believe Vicki left town?" Sheriff Forbes asked one last question.

Emily nodded her head, "yes. She didn't seem happy in Mystic Falls, I think this what she needed."

Sheriff Forbes nodded her head before smiling at the young girl, "thank you, Emily."

Emily smiled brightly and hugged her best friend's mother before walking out of the room and made her way towards Jeremy, Jenna, and Elena. The Gilbert family made their way out of the police station, where the two sisters saw Stefan standing out the end of the steps. Emily gave her sister a look, to go talk to him before speaking, "we'll meet you at the car, okay?"

Once Elena nodded her head, Emily made her way to the car with Jenna and Jeremy following behind. But not even five minutes later, Elena came walking towards the car. Emily sighed, she knew that wasn't a good sign. While Jenna and Jeremy got into the car, Emily waited for Elena to get closer before asking softly, "I'm guessing it didn't go well?"

Elena shook her head as she leaned her head on Emily's shoulder. "I'm sad," she mumbled.

Emily sighed, "let's go home and we can watch whatever movie you want. Just you and me today, I promise." Elena smiled thankfully at her sister before the two girls quickly jumped into Jenna's car.

Being the amazing sister that she was, soon as the Gilbert family walked into the house, Emily pulled her sad sister and pushed her onto the couch. Emily found Elena's favorite movies and the two sisters watched them together. After the third movie, Emily turned off the TV and leaned against her sister's shoulder. Emily knew Elena just needed to think about everything so that's what they did, she comforted her sister in silence.

Jenna suddenly plopped next to Elena and stated, "you're wallowing."

"So are you," Elena mumbled.