CHAPTER 4

Early in the morning, as the sun began to shine brightly into the sky, there stood Emily with Elena and Bonnie in the middle of town square as they handed out pamphlets for the large celebration of The Night of the Comet

Early in the morning, as the sun began to shine brightly into the sky, there stood Emily with Elena and Bonnie in the middle of town square as they handed out pamphlets for the large celebration of The Night of the Comet. Emily gave a passing stranger a bright smile as she questioned politely, "would you like a pamphlet?"  

Bonnie glanced over at Elena as she questioned softly, "he didn't call, huh?"  

"Or text," Elena mumbled as she handed someone a pamphlet. "But I realized we never even exchanged that stuff," she recalled, "we've never gotten to the texting part."

"That's an important milestone in any relationship," Bonnie commented.

Elena looked over at Bonnie as she questioned, "isn't it?" She shook her head, "the timing is wrong, anyway."

Emily looked directly into her sister's brown eyes as she stated, "nothing in our lives have ever happened because the timing was right." She shook her head, "it's just not realistic."   

"I'm not ready, you guys," Elena mumbled.

"Who is?" Bonnie questioned.

"At least I put myself out there," the younger sister spoke as she tried to explain herself.

Emily rose an eyebrow at her sister as she stated, "we have two very different definitions of putting yourself out there, because you just gave up when things got tough."

Elena quickly looked down at the pamphlet in her hand, as she avoided looking into Emily's green eyes. She knew that her sister was right, but she just didn't want to admit it. Bonnie nodded her head in agreement with the oldest Gilbert as she looked towards Elena with soft eyes, "all I'm hearing is reasons why you can't."  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily spent the whole day helping all the volunteers with setting up for The Night of the Comet. Before she knew it, it was dark and everyone was surrounding the town square. Emily smiled as she looked at all the cheerful faces of the Mystic Falls residents. The event looked like it was becoming a major success. Ever since Emily's mother passed away, she decided to step up and help with all the Mystic Falls volunteering and foundations that her mother was apart of.

"Hey, there you are," Caroline called out as she spotted the green eyed Gilbert. "I found the candles you asked for," she informed the brunette as she held a large box filled with white candles.  

Emily smiled appreciatively at the blonde as she grabbed a handful of candles. "Thank you for helping me so much today," she praised.

Caroline smiled brightly at her best friend. "I'm happy to help," she told the brunette. The two girls made their way through the crowd and handed out the white candles. Once they were finished, the duo found themselves on the side as they watched all the smiling faces.

Fighting Love | Stefan SalvatoreOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara