CHAPTER 28

Emily smirked while watching Jenna help Elena put on her 18th century dress

Emily smirked while watching Jenna help Elena put on her 18th century dress. Elena couldn't sit still when Jenna began to pull tightly on the strings in the back of her dress. Emily had to admit that putting on the large dress was a pain. She had to stand for forty minutes when Jenna placed her dress together. But it was part of being a Gilbert and a founder, Emily wouldn't have it any other way.

"Ouch, this dress hurts," Elena mumbled when she tried to move.

"Suck it in, baby," Jenna chuckled at her niece.

"Beauty is pain, my lovely sister," Emily smirked over Elena's shoulder in the long mirror.

Elena rolled her eyes, "let's get this over with before I change my mind."

Jenna chuckled at the younger sister and pinched her rosy cheeks, "you knew what you were getting into when you signed up for Miss Mystic Falls," Jenna took a step back and smiled at both girls dressed up, "now, go have fun."

Emily looped her arms with Elena's and pulled her out of the room and towards outside, where everyone was getting ready for the Founder's parade. "Yeah, let's go have fun," Emily smirked at her sister.

Elena shook her head and chuckled. The two Gilbert sister's made their way through the crowd of students, until Elena came to a complete stop. Emily looked at her sister strangely before looking to where Elena's brown eyes had landed. And it was on the Salvatore brothers. Emily could see that Damon's eyes were only focused on Elena. But when Emily looked over at the younger Salvatore brother, he was only looking at her with bright eyes and a small smile.

"John?" Elena questioned in shock. "Is that even possible?"

"Well, there's no proof, but he dated Isobel when she was a teenager and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery," Stefan explained.

"You got to be kidding me," Emily groaned. She couldn't believe that uncle John was actually their father. Of course both of her birth parents are the two people that she doesn't like.

"My whole life, I've never liked this man. I-I..." Elena spoke in shock, not knowing to say.

Stefan sighed while staring at Elena, "sorry, I'm sorry. I just... I wanted to tell you before Damon dropped it on you on some typically inappropriate way."

Elena shook her head, "no, I'm happy that you told me, I just... I really hope that it's not true." Elena sighed while glancing over at Emily, "what are we supposed to do? Do we just walk up to him and say, 'are you our biological father?"

Emily shook her head while biting on her bottom lip, "I don't know, Lena. the last time we tried to confront one birth parent, they threatened you," Emily pointed out, "there's no easy way."

"I guess, when you're ready," Stefan told Elena, trying to console her.

Elena shook her head, "I'm never gonna be ready. Stefan, we have enough family problems with the family we actually care about." Elena looked over at Emily in nervousness, "Jeremy read my diary, he knows."