The One With The Animal Attack

"The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls," Mr

 "The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls," Mr. Tanner stated as he scanned the classroom. "How many casualties resulted in this battle? Ms. Bennett?" He questioned.

Bonnie looked up from her notebook in surprise before she mumbled, "um... a lot?" She looked at the history teacher with a small grin as she confirmed, "I'm not sure. Like a whole lot."

Mr. Tanner stared hard at the young girl as he spoke, "cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett." He looked around the room before stopping on another student, "Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?"

"It's okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it," Matt told the history teacher while a small grin made its way onto his face.

"Hmm," Mr. Tanner mumbled while the class laughed at the exchange. The history teacher looked around the sea of students before he found his next victim, who so happened to be 's sister. "Elena?" Mr. Tanner questioned, "surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?"

Elena shook her head, "I'm sorry. I-I don't know."

"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena. But the personal excuses ended with summer break," Mr. Tanner told the younger Gilbert sister with an intense stare.

Emily glared at the history teacher as he continued to stare down at Elena. What kind of teacher talks to his students like that? Emily wasn't just going to sit there and watch Mr. Tanner belittle her twin sister, so she sat up in her seat as she was about to give the teacher a piece of her mind. But before she could utter a word, Stefan spoke up.

"There were 346 casualties," Stefan answered the previous question. "Unless you're counting local civilians," he added.

Mr. Tanner nodded his head, "that's correct." He looked at the young man in wonder, "mister...?"

"Salvatore," Stefan elaborated as the teacher trailed off.

"Salvatore," Mr. Tanner spoke curiously. "Any relation to the original settlers here in Mystic Falls?" He questioned.

Stefan took a long pause before he nodded his head, "distant."

"Well, very good," Mr. Tanner complimented as he turned towards his desk before adding, "except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle."

"Actually, they were 27, sir," Stefan corrected the arrogant teacher. "Confederate soldiers, they fired on a church, believing it to be housing weapons," Stefan explained, "they were wrong, it was a night of great loss." He looked at the teacher with humor shining through his green eyes as he added, "the founder's archives are uh, stored in Civil Hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts, Mr. Tanner."

The history teacher smiled in embarrassment before he mumbled under his breath and turned back to his desk. The whole class couldn't help but laugh at Mr. Tanner, since usually no one is able to prove him wrong and get away with it. So it was a nice change of pace to see the teacher turn red in shame.