CHAPTER 33

LOCKWOOD MANSION 1864

The small town of Mystic Falls was holding the first ever Founder's Ball. It was an event where everyone who lived in the town would come to the mayor's mansion to dance the night away in their best gowns and suits as they celebrated the town's success.

The main ballroom was filled with people dancing and chatting along each other. But in the middle of all the festivities, there was one female who caught the attention of both men and women by her simple beauty. It was none other than Miss Katherine Pierce.

"Look who found his dancing shoes," Katherine commented with a bright smile as she held her right hand up and slowly moved around in a circle with her date, Stefan Salvatore. However, when the man tried to lean in for a kiss, Katherine quickly took a step back and scolded the brunette playfully, "no touching, Mr. Salvatore. Those are the rules."

Stefan chuckled at the young girl and uttered, "I thought you didn't believe in rules," before he lifted his hand back up as they continued to dance correctly. They twirled around the room gracefully before Stefan caught the eye of his older brother. He looked back to Katherine and stated, "my brother is still upset that you chose me to escort you."

Katherine took a quick glance over to the sad Salvatore before she focused back on Stefan and declared, "well, Damon needs to concede that his younger brother is a better dancer."

The couple continued to dance around the room like everyone else as they raised both of their hands and smoothly moved in a perfect circle. However, when Katherine glanced around the ballroom, something instantly caught her attention. "Oh, looks like he found someone to occupy his time," she mentioned as she stared over at the oldest Salvatore brother with a mischievous glint in her brown eyes.

Stefan didn't really think anything of who is brother was dancing with since he had the girl of his dreams in his own arms. But Stefan's body froze once he and Katherine traded places and saw who was with Damon. He felt an uncomfortable sensation run through his chest as he watched the green eyed girl glance over at him as she was being held by his brother. "Emily," Stefan called out strongly before he moved to walk towards the brunette girl.

However, before he could take a step, Katherine placed her white gloved hand on top of Stefan's black coat as she pleaded, "Stefan, don't."

Stefan shrugged off Katherine's hand without a second thought and pushed his way through all of the happy people as he tried to catch up with Emily, who was leaving the ballroom with Damon's arm wrapped around her waist. He couldn't let Damon sweep Emily off of her feet. That's not how it's suppose to be, it should be him.

"Emily!" Stefan yelled out as he rushed through the door that the girl had just went through. But as soon as Stefan walked through the entrance, he realized he was no longer inside the Lockwood mansion in a itchy wool coat. Instead, he felt the warm heaters inside of Mystic Grill and the light blue Henley and jeans that hugged him tightly.