The One With How Emily Feels

Emily had honestly lost all sense of time before she found herself lying next to the Salvatore vampire as she tried to catch her breath

Emily had honestly lost all sense of time before she found herself lying next to the Salvatore vampire as she tried to catch her breath. The Gilbert girl stared up at the dark sky that shined by the bright stars before she decided that it had at least been three hours since she and Stefan had started rolling around in the soft meadow as they showed one another how they felt for each other.

It was up there with one of Emily's top moments in her seventeen years and, in her opinion, it was the perfect way to end her human life. The Gilbert girl just felt so at peace as her head rested on top of Stefan's cold chest with only the sound of the colorful flowers blowing through the wind.

However, the calm silence had to come to an end at some point and that is what happened once Stefan had twisted his body to the side and he was sat up on his elbow so he could gaze down at his girlfriend. The Salvatore vampire softly trailed the back of his point and middle fingers along Emily's cheek before he told her in a gentle voice, "hey, you can say it."

Emily was instantly in a state of confusion as she heard the few words that slipped from her boyfriend's lips, so she slowly moved her green irises up to the Salvatore vampire's own pair, instead of looking at the bright stars, before she inquired with her brows pulled together, "say what?"

"You know," Stefan began as he still used that gentle voice of his while he continued to soothingly rub the back of his fingers across the Gilbert girl's cheek before he mentioned what they had spoken about when they had first arrived at the cottage, "the thing you've been wanting to say, but... Have been afraid of how it would make me feel." The Salvatore vampire knew Emily hadn't been completely truthful earlier about how she was feeling and Stefan just wanted her to know that she could tell him anything - no matter if it bothered him or not.

Emily lightly shrugged her shoulders as she murmured, "there's nothing really I can say." The Gilbert girl released a small chuckle before she added, "it's not like it's going to change anything." Emily honestly wasn't upset like most people would think she would be with what tonight would mean with her becoming a witch. It was just that she was more afraid of who she was going to become. It definitely didn't help that there hasn't been a successful case of a witch turning this way without going completely crazy.

"I know," the Salvatore vampire gently murmured in understanding before he stated with a small shrug, "but it might make you feel better." Stefan lifted himself further up onto his elbow so he could look directly into his girlfriend's green eyes before he stated, "look, I know this isn't what you wanted for yourself. I know you never even imagined that you would have to become a witch - and we all know this is our only option since you don't want to be a vampire."

The Gilbert girl couldn't help the deep frown that immediately sprouted onto her face as she heard her boyfriend's words. Emily knew that the younger Salvatore had wished that she had chosen the vampire route of things, so it made her feel bad that she couldn't do what he wanted for her. "I'm sorry," Emily quietly whispered as it was the only thing that she could say at the moment. Emily knew it wouldn't fix things but she hoped that it would help Stefan understand why she wasn't willing to choose that option.