CHAPTER 31

I'm really excited for the next couple of chapters coming up! I also thought of a new concept for the whole sacrifice part of this season

I'm really excited for the next couple of chapters coming up! I also thought of a new concept for the whole sacrifice part of this season. I can't wait for everyone to read it! Thank you so much for supporting this story!

xoxo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the silent and dark hospital, there was suddenly a large gasp as Elena Gilbert swiftly jumped up from the pillow that laid clumsily on her bed. She quickly grabbed her throat in pain as she shifted her eyes around the room. However, when she couldn't find what had woken her up, she slowly got out of the hospital bed and quietly exited the room.

The hospital was filled with nothing but darkness as the Gilbert girl left the comfort of her room. She looked around for a moment as her eyes adjusted to the dark, before she noticed one of the nurses and her blonde friend. She could see Caroline arguing with the nurse, so she slowly made her way towards the blonde as she called out, "Caroline?"

The nurse looked over at the brunette before she commanded, "you girls need to go back to sleep." She looked at Caroline sternly as she added, "and you can have food in the morning."

Caroline ignored what the nurse had said when something else suddenly caught her attention. She lifted her head up towards the ceiling as she took a deep breath. "What's that smell?" She asked.

"Back to sleep," the nurse commanded as she moved her eyes between the two girls, before she swiftly turned around as she walked away with a stack of folders in hand.

Elena sighed tiredly as she decided that she was going to listen to the nurse and go back to bed. But when she took a quick glance over at Caroline, she noticed the girl was going to another room instead of her own. "Caroline, where are you going?" Elena whispered as she quickly jogged up to the blonde's side.

However, Caroline didn't even react to Elena's voice as her blue eyes focused on the red liquid that moved through the small hospital bag as it pumped into the patient's veins. Caroline slowly walked towards the bag that was calling her name as saliva built around her mouth. She went to touch the bag with a shaky hand, but a booming voice suddenly called out, "what are you guys doing in here?"

Caroline swiftly turned around and stared at the nurse with her eyes widened before she swallowed thickly and mumbled, "I don't know."

"You need to go back to bed," the nurse told the two girls sternly.

Caroline quickly gave the nurse a condescending smile and grabbed onto Elena's wrist tightly as she stated, "we were just leaving," before she pulled Elena with her as she made her way back to her room.

"Caroline, are you okay?" Elena questioned worriedly when she noticed that Caroline was acting weird as she watched the blonde girl stare out of the small window by the door.