The One With The Sunday Morning

Emily woke from her surprisingly dreamless slumber early the next morning as she had fallen asleep out of exhaustion from the long day that she and her twin sister had with Katherine

Emily woke from her surprisingly dreamless slumber early the next morning as she had fallen asleep out of exhaustion from the long day that she and her twin sister had with Katherine. She knew she had let her emotions get the better of her when she arrived home at the Gilbert house last night. Everything that she learned just took a lot out of the human girl, along with the fact that she was trying to come up with a plan to protect everyone as the people she loves were suppose to die. However, Emily lying next to Stefan for hours had made her forget about the big issue at hand and to just focus on them. It was like everything else just disappeared when her green eyes were locked on his.

It took a couple more minutes of Emily staring up at her white ceiling while her thoughts about the plan to save everyone was clouding her mind before she rubbed her tired green eyes and finally woke herself up. The brunette girl was glad it was the weekend. However, she couldn't find it in herself to fall back to sleep. So instead of unsuccessfully trying to get more rest, Emily turned her body to the left and settled her gaze onto the sleeping Salvatore vampire.

"Good morning," Stefan's rough voice mumbled once he felt Emily staring down at him. He then opened his green eyes before he leaned down to the human girl's forehead and laid a gentle kiss to her warm skin.

Emily smiled slightly and whispered, "hey." The Gilbert girl had thought Stefan would of still been asleep. But Emily knew she shouldn't be so surprised since every time they are together, Stefan is always the first one awake. "Have you been up long?" Emily wondered as she leaned her chin on top of Stefan's chest.

Stefan slowly began to run his fingers through Emily's knotted brown hair as he shook his head. "Only a few minutes," Stefan responded as he kept his eyes locked with Emily's green ones. In reality, Stefan had been up for a couple of hours but he didn't want to be scolded or to worry the human girl by telling her that. The vampire felt like he needed to just watch her and make sure she was okay, so he woke up around three in the morning and did just that. Plus, Emily's sleeping and calm form had made him feel better as he knew no one could hurt her while she was resting.

"You are such a liar," Emily giggled as she rubbed her warm hand across Stefan's cold abdomen. The Gilbert girl could always tell when Stefan was lying. The Salvatore vampire's left eyebrow would always start twitching when he would lie, Emily had noticed.

Stefan placed his hand on his chest in fake shock along with letting out an exaggerated gasp before he exclaimed, "I would never!"

The Gilbert girl couldn't help but continue to giggle at the Salvatore vampire while she shook her head at his playful banter. She then sat up in her large bed and stated very slowly with a large smirk settled on her pale pink lips, "you, Mr. Salvatore, are a liar."

Stefan mischievously glared at the human girl for a couple of silent and tense seconds before he swiftly used his vamp speed and flipped Emily onto her back. The Salvatore vampire smirked at Emily's shocked expression and whispered, "you shouldn't have said that," before he began to tickle the brunette girl.