The One With The Version Two Hybrid

The group that consisted of the werewolf, the witch, the vampire hunter, and the human doppelganger had been walking together in a tense and anxious silence through the Great Smoky Mountains for the past two hours now. The only sound heard was the clunk of their footsteps and the heavy breathing from everyone except for Damon, of course, since he didn't exactly have to breathe as a vampire.

The rigid atmosphere finally ended when the Radkova witch's cell phone loudly rang from the front pocket of Tyler's backpack. Emily immediately tensed at the sound before the Gilbert girl relaxed once she recognized the sound.

"You would think you would be smart enough to turn that thing off while walking straight into the wolf's den," Damon muttered with a taunting tone to his voice.

"Shut up," Emily mumbled under her breath as she quickly walked up to the Lockwood werewolf, who had stopped walking once her cell phone began ringing. The Radkova witch unzipped the front pocket of Tyler's backpack before she grabbed her device.

Emily looked down at the screen before the Radkova witch quickly frowned when she saw who was calling her. It was Scott McCall of Beacon Hills.

Emily would usually ignore the call since she was trying to focus on finding out Klaus' plan in a werewolf invested mountains. However, Emily was slightly concerned as to why the true alpha was calling her, especially when the Radkova witch could feel the claw mark on her shoulder heating up.

Emily swiftly pressed the accept button on her cell phone before she brought the device up to her ear. "Scott?" The Radkova witch hurriedly asked as she greeted the McCall werewolf, "is everything okay?"

"I should be asking you that!" Scott exclaimed before he quickly asked, "are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you need help?"

"Scott, calm down," Emily told the true alpha as she let out a soft chuckle. "I'm fine," the Radkova witch stated before she requested, "now tell me what spurred this on."

The McCall werewolf took a few seconds to let out a deep breath to calm himself down. "I had this bad feeling like something was off with you," Scott mumbled, "I just needed to check on you."

"I'm okay," the Radkova witch swore as she slowly followed after Tyler through the Great Smoky Mountains. "Nothing is wr--" Emily had began to utter.

However, the Gilbert girl didn't get the chance to finish her sentence before her cell phone was suddenly ripped from her hand. "Hey!" Emily exclaimed before she turned around and found the culprit as Damon Salvatore.

"Don't let her lie to you," Damon told the werewolf on the other end of the call while he avoided the Radkova witch's grasp from trying to get her device back. "She is being a complete idiot by searching for werewolves on a full moon!" The Salvatore vampire snitched.

While Damon automatically hated any werewolf he would come in contact with, the werewolf in Beacon Hills was the only one Damon actually trusted. The Salvatore vampire was actually glad Scott had called. Damon knew if anyone could talk some sense into the stubborn witch, it would be Scott because of the special connection they shared as a true alpha and the protector of the innocence.

"Give me that!" Emily exclaimed after she had to race after the Salvatore vampire for a few minutes before she was finally able to snatch her cell phone back.

"Don't listen to him, Scott," the Radkova witch quickly told the true alpha while she glared her green eyes over at Damon. "I'm perfectly fine," Emily swore.

The Gilbert girl was not happy at all that Damon told on her like that. The last thing she needed right now was for the McCall werewolf to be worried about her. Logically, she knew Scott was probably feeling some sort of heat on the shoulder mark they shared but Emily didn't want to make it worse like Damon just did.