The One With Twin Night

It has been eight days since Elena rejoined the side of the living again. The Gilbert girl felt like she had been adjusting quite well after being dead and on other side for a few months.

The most difficult part for Elena, though, was dealing with the fact that she no longer needed human or animal blood to survive anymore. The Gilbert girl had gotten so used to being a vampire that it felt strange that she didn't have drink blood nor did she have enhanced speed or hearing.

Elena definitely missed being a vampire with those advantages but Elena was also very in content with being a human again.

Speaking of being a vampire, the Gilbert girl had been quite surprised when she found out that her aunt Jenna was a vampire now. Elena was very angry and upset when Jenna told her that Klaus turned her into a vampire for the fun of it. However, after Elena had calmed down, she was just relieved that Jenna was dealing with her vampirism well.

The one thing that shook Elena to core when she was getting caught up with everything that happened when she was dead was when Elena asked about the youngest Salvatore's whereabouts. Elena was shocked when she found out that Stefan has been trapped with Klaus since the sacrifice.

The Gilbert girl was saddened for her best friend in Stefan but she was also heartbroken for Emily, who hasn't seen her boyfriend in months. Elena couldn't even begin to imagine how her twin sister was dealing with that. Elena would have been a crying mess if that was Damon.

Elena knew life in Mystic Falls would never be anywhere perfect when they were always right there in the middle of every supernatural problem. However, the Gilbert girl was just glad to be back. Elena would happily go through hell with her friends and family as long as she got to fight right beside them and not stuck on the other side.

Elena felt so thankful and blessed that she got this second chance to be with her loved ones. The Gilbert girl swore she was never going to take her life for granted again now that she was back in the land of the living.

It was around seven in the evening and Elena was a woman on a mission as she walked through the front door of the Salvatore boarding house with three heavy plastic bags in her hands and her boyfriend following slowly behind.

"Are you going to tell me why you needed to get all of this stuff yet?" The Salvatore vampire inquired with amusement in his voice while he also carried two other plastic bags. Damon had been quite confused when the Gilbert girl dragged him all around Mystic Falls for a mini shopping trip.

The Gilbert girl released a light chuckle at Damon's curiousness. She had been hearing it practically all day with Damon begging to tell him what they were shopping for.

Elena placed the three bags down on the couch before she turned around to face her boyfriend. "I want to have a twin night with Emily," the Gilbert girl finally revealed as she wrapped her arms around Damon's neck.

The Salvatore vampire stared down at his girlfriend with a slight pout to his lips. "What about me?" Damon whined as he slithered his arms around his girlfriend's waist and pulled Elena into his chest.

The Gilbert girl released a giggle as she looked up at her boyfriend with a wide grin. "You're not a twin, babe," Elena jokingly reminded her boyfriend. Elena shortly pecked the Salvatore vampire's lips before she requested, "I need you to do me a tiny favor."

Damon ignored his girlfriend's words for the moment as he pulled Elena into a slow and sweet kiss. The Salvatore vampire couldn't help but smile into the kiss before he pulled away with so much love and adoration shining in his blue eyes. "What do you need?" Damon finally inquired after he got his real kiss and not just a small peck.