CHAPTER 26

Emily was walking with the happy couple of Elena and Stefan

Emily was walking with the happy couple of Elena and Stefan. She knew that Elena could come through to Stefan, and she did. For once everything was okay, no problems needed immediate attention. Maybe that wasn't the case, they are in Mystic Falls.

Alaric came up the trio and mumbled out, "come with me. We need to talk."

Emily''s face screwed up in one of confusion before looking back over at her sister and best friend, who was wearing the same expression. Emily shrugged her shoulders before they quickly followed after the serious history teacher.

Emily's brows furrowed while she watched Alaric pace up and down his classroom. Apparently, Emily wasn't the only confused one, because Stefan spoke up, "Alaric, what's going on?"

Alaric finally turned to the three confused faces and sighed, "I saw Isobel."

Emily's eyes widened as soon her birth mother's name was out of Alaric's mouth. She couldn't believe that the women was actually in Mystic Falls, after all she done from keeping Emily and Elena from finding her. Stefan glanced over at the two shocked faces of the twins before turning to Alaric, "what did she say?"

Alaric looked over at Emily and Elena before speaking, "she wants to meet you two... or she is going to start killing people."

Stefan's eyes widened in shock before pulling out his phone, "I'll call Damon," Stefan mumbled.

Emily moved over towards Elena and grabbed onto her hand. Elena looked up at her sister in nervousness before squeezing her hand tightly. Emily didn't know what to think. If Isobel went through all this trouble to keep herself hidden, why does she want to meet now? Something bad was going to come, nothing ever is normal in Mystic Falls.

Finally, after about fifteen minutes, Damon finally walked through the door the history classroom. "Damon, thanks for coming," Alaric spoke when he saw the vampire.

"Sorry I'm late," Damon smirked, "my dog ate my uh... never mind." When it went silent, Damon glanced at everyone's faces, "what's with all the furrowed brows?"

"I saw Isobel last night," Alaric explained to Damon.

Damon quickly looked back Alaric, "Isobel is here?" Once Alaric nodded, Damon questioned again, "in town?" When Alaric only stared at him, Damon already knew his answer. He quickly turned his head, and looked over at Elena in worry.

It was silent for moment while Damon paced around the room, thinking before he turned back to the history teacher, "did you ask her about uncle John? Are they working together?"

"No," Alaric simply answered.

"No, they're not?" Damon questioned in confusion.

"No, I didn't ask," Alaric corrected himself.

"What about the invention?" Damon continued.

Alaric shook his head, "didn't ask."

"Did she know about the tomb vampires?" Damon questioned.