The One With The Phone Call

It was about twenty minutes later when Emily found herself sitting in the middle of the leather couch inside the Lockwood mansion. Emily was completely zoned out as she stared across at the blank TV screen in front of her. The Gilbert girl's thoughts were still all over the place, so it was no surprise that Emily was spacing out.

Emily felt completely helpless at the moment. The Radkova witch hated that she couldn't do anything for Stefan, who was currently fighting his demons. Emily absolutely hated that she was stuck here in Virginia while her boyfriend was probably somewhere in Tennessee, hurting and afraid.

The Gilbert girl felt extremely guilty that she hadn't been truly looking for Stefan all summer. Emily knew she should have been doing all the searching by herself or should have led the charge. Emily regretted it so much for putting all of her trust in the elder Salvatore vampire.

Emily took a back burner on the search for her boyfriend because she didn't want Klaus to find out that she and Elena were still alive. However, the Radkova witch wished she would have done something, anything to bring Stefan back home.

Now, this was the worst case scenario for the Gilbert girl. It was going to be even more difficult now that Stefan didn't have his emotions on. However, Emily refused to give up, no matter if she had to walk through the pits of hell to bring her boyfriend back.

Emily knew it was going to be a long and hard journey but for now, the Gilbert girl needed to clear her mind. A lot of things had happened in the last twenty-four hours. Emily knew she needed to relax and clear her mind for the night before she could come up with a solid plan with a leveled head in the morning.

Thankfully, Emily got her wish of getting away from the terror that is her thoughts when the Gilbert girl noticed Tyler heading her way with a large grin displayed across his lips and a plate of Pizza Rolls in his hands.

"I hope you weren't expecting some gourmet shit," Tyler joked before he muttered, "you know I can't cook for the life of me."

Emily lightly chuckled as she moved her body to the left to make room on the couch for the Lockwood werewolf. "Pizza Rolls are perfect," the Gilbert girl assured her best friend. Emily honestly wasn't even hungry after the night she had but she appreciated Tyler's need to make sure that she was okay.

"Good," the Lockwood werewolf murmured before he placed the plate of Pizza Rolls down onto the glass coffee table. Tyler shot the Gilbert girl a playful grin before he plopped down on the couch beside her.

Emily silently shook her head in amusement before she leaned over and grabbed a single Pizza Roll from the dark red plate. The Gilbert girl slowly leaned back into the couch with a heavy sigh before Emily began nibbling on the cheese and sauce filled snack.

The Lockwood mansion's living room was quiet while Tyler silently observed the Gilbert girl as he tried to figure out what happened tonight. However, when Tyler couldn't think of a single reason for Emily's saddened mood, he decided to give it another try of asking.

The Lockwood werewolf gently placed his warm palm on top of Emily's thigh to grab her attention before Tyler worriedly asked, "you doing okay?"

The Radkova witch grimaced at the question after she swallowed the rest of her Pizza Roll. "Ask me again in a few days," Emily mumbled. Emily was honestly still trying to understand how she felt herself after what she found out tonight about her boyfriend.

"What happened tonight?" Tyler gently asked as he stroked his thumb across the Gilbert girl's thigh. "I thought everything was going good," the Lockwood werewolf muttered in confusion.

Emily let out a heavy sigh as she leaned her head on the back of the couch. "Can we talk about it tomorrow, please?" The Radkova witch desperately begged. "I don't have the strength to relive it again," Emily mumbled as she slowly shook her head.