CHAPTER 5

As they pulled up in front of Mystic Falls High School, Emily carefully made her way out of Bonnie's white Honda

As they pulled up in front of Mystic Falls High School, Emily carefully made her way out of Bonnie's white Honda. The two Gilbert sisters stood to the side as they waited for Bonnie to shut her door and join them. Once she closed her door, Bonnie made her way next to the Gilberts, but stared at the younger sister as she spoke, "I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow."

Elena pointed at her friend in confusion as she stated, "you were the one who said to go for it."

"Now I'm saying to take it slow," Bonnie stressed lightly.

Emily twitched her head to the side as she watched Bonnie carefully. She pointed to her face and questioned, "why the about-face?"

Bonnie shrugged, "it's not the about-face." She turned to Elena as she explained, "you're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field."

Emily threw an arm over Elena's shoulder before chuckling, "because Lena is so that girl."

"Seriously, what are you not saying?" Elena wondered.

"It's stupid," Bonnie mumbled.

Elena grabbed Bonnie's arm and faced her as she spoke strongly, "Bonnie."

"What?" Bonnie questioned innocently.

"Spit it out," Elena commanded.

Bonnie took a quick glance towards Emily before turning to younger sister with a sigh, "I accidentally touched Stefan. And I got a really bad feeling," she explained.

Emily looked at Bonnie with furrowed brows, "is that why you left so quickly last night?"

Bonnie looked over at the green eyed girl with a worried expression as she nodded her head. Elena glanced between the two girls before settling on Bonnie, "is that it?" She questioned humorously. Bonnie however didn't think it was funny, so she tried to storm off, but Elena quickly grabbed her arm. "Bonnie," she spoke softly.

"It was bad bad!" Bonnie yelped with wide eyes.

"Is this the whole witch mojo thing again?" Elena questioned with a teasing smile slipping on her face.

"You know what, I'm just concerned," Bonnie told Elena, "this is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend."

Elena smiled at Bonnie, "and I love you for it, I do. But I feel good. It's been a hard year." Elena glanced over at her sister before she continued, "and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what? Stefan is a big part of that."

Emily couldn't help but smile over at her sister. She was happy that she was right about Stefan, that he would be the reason for Elena's happiness. Emily knew from the first time she saw Stefan, that he would be one of the good guys.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, because not even a minute later, Stefan walked up to the three girls. "Good morning, Elena. Good morning, Bonnie. Good morning, Emily," Stefan greeted each girl with a small smile.