The One With The Failed Plan

MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL

Emily walked inside of the loud and brightly colored decade dance while she held Stefan's hand tightly in her own once they finally walked into the cafeteria to come face to face with the feared hybrid. The human and vampire couple had arrived fifteen minutes after Elena and Damon had, even though they rode together, since Stefan wanted Emily to experience the sixties with him which came in the form of making out against his hot rod of a car.

It had calmed Emily's nerves about someone getting hurt because of her tonight by a lot, so the human girl didn't mind at all that they were the last ones to show up. It gave her time to relax her mind and for Emily to focus on her task for the dance. There was, of course, the whole Bonnie destroying Klaus, but Emily's task was to make sure that no harm comes to anyone she loves. That was all the Gilbert girl cared about or she would gladly put her life on the line for them.

The human girl took a deep breath as she stood at the edge of the sixties dance with the comfort of her boyfriend right beside her before Emily began her search through all of the dancing teenagers to find the group of people that they were looking for. It was hard to find them through all the different patterns of clothing, though, but finally after a full and very long song had passed, Emily spotted her two siblings, Bonnie, and Damon standing to the side of the DJ booth.

The Salvatore vampire nodded his head as he also spotted their group of friends and siblings just as Emily had spoke. Stefan then placed a light kiss onto the human girl's forehead and squeezed Emily's hand as he prepared himself for the long night at Mystic Falls High School. The green eyed vampire was honestly dreading all of it as he didn't want anything to happen to Emily. He would hate himself if he allowed Klaus to take her away, so Stefan was quite anxious. However, Stefan knew that this needed to be done to insure that the human girl would be safe, so the Salvatore vampire pulled Emily closer into his body before he walked her through the crowd of humans and towards the DJ booth.

"Hey, guys," the Gilbert girl loudly uttered to her siblings and friends over the loud music with a small smile and a slight wave of her fingers as she greeted them once she and Stefan had finally pushed their way through all of the dancing and sweaty teenagers and they were standing in front of the small group.

"There you are," Bonnie sighed when she finally laid eyes on the human girl in the red dress before she swiftly pulled Emily into a tight hug. The Bennett witch was confident in her powers and her ability to get rid of Klaus but she was still so worried. She felt like she needed Emily in her sights or everything was just going to go to hell. However, Bonnie knew she could relax for now so she took a deep breath before she pulled away from their tight embrace. Bonnie then lifted an eyebrow at the human girl before she wondered, "what took you guys so long? We literally passed each other on the road."

A smirk slowly lifted onto the human girl's lips as she leaned her head onto Stefan's shoulder before she secretly uttered about what took them so long to get into the dance, "Stef was just telling me about the sixties."