The One With The Sacrifice Pt. 1

It had been around twenty minutes since Emily found out that the feared and jackass of a hybrid was planning on to use her own twin sister as his vampire in the sacrifice

It had been around twenty minutes since Emily found out that the feared and jackass of a hybrid was planning on to use her own twin sister as his vampire in the sacrifice. The Gilbert twins were currently sitting on the hard ground in the middle of Steven's Quarry with their hands tightly gripping the other as they tried to comfort each other during the worst time of their lives.

It was about the twenty-two minute mark when Emily finally controlled her sobbing enough to be able to speak to her sister. "What even happened?" The Gilbert girl asked what she had been wanting to ask since Elena had explained what had happened for her to end up in this position. "How did he turn Jenna and get ahold of you?" Emily continued her interrogation with a confused expression shining across her dull and exhausted face.

Emily honestly didn't know how this could have happened. She thought everyone was being safe since they knew Klaus was out there and could be very unpredictable and dangerous from the stories that they have heard from Rose and Elijah. However, Emily knew a lot could have happened since Klaus had taken her and mistakes could have been made - not to mention, Klaus did like his games.

Emily definitely didn't blame her sister, though. Hell, she would have done the exact same thing for Jenna since their aunt had just barely been introduced into their crazy world of vampires, witches, werewolves, and hybrids.

The Gilbert vampire released a deep sigh of regret as she slowly shook her head. "It was right after we went to the movies and I think you said you were going to go see Jeremy. Jenna and I were on our way back to our house to pick up some clothes since Stefan thought it would be best for all us to stay at the boarding house," Elena explained to her twin sister about what had happened before she pointed towards the witch a few yards in front of them. "Klaus had Greta use her magic to hold me down while he forced his blood into Jenna's mouth," Elena concluded with tears clouding her brown irises.

"I-I couldn't do anything!" The Gilbert vampire cried out in frustration from the fact that she hadn't been able to stop Klaus from turning her aunt. Elena felt so much regret that she couldn't do a better job at protecting Jenna. She felt as if she failed as she couldn't even do this one thing when her twin sister was practically fighting for her life.

"H-He made me choose," Elena continued to recall what had happened hours prior with tears trailing down her cold skin. "He said it would be me or Jenna," the Gilbert vampire explained before she hurriedly shook her head. "I couldn't do that Jenna," Elena mumbled, "Jenna doesn't deserve to be pushed into this life only to be killed a second later."

Emily released a heartbreaking sigh as she stared across at her twin sister with silent tears sliding down her cheeks from hearing what had happened earlier today. The Gilbert girl couldn't help but feel guilty as she realized that this happened when she was saying goodbye to everyone. However, Emily had to remind herself that Klaus would have still decided to use someone she loved if she had been there and maybe she wouldn't have gotten her last sweet goodbye with Stefan.