The One When Stefan Hears Her

Stefan Salvatore was tired. He was tired of all of the feeding from humans. He was tired of being pushed and ordered by Klaus. He was tired of getting no answers to his questions about the reason why Klaus brought him to find werewolves to turn. He was tired of constantly traveling to a new town every other day. Stefan Salvatore was just tired of it all.

It didn't help that Stefan knew his hunger was getting worse and worse everyday that Klaus made him feed right from the veins of the humans in each of the towns. The Salvatore vampire could feel that monster building under his skin just begging to break out and let loose. Stefan had been trying his hardest to keep that feel at bay but it was getting more difficult every day that passed.

The only thing that has been stopping Stefan from letting that emotionless and hungry monster come out was the thought about what was waiting for him at home.

Home, the Salvatore vampire silently thought as he released a heavy and miserable sigh. Stefan wanted to go home more than anything in this world. Stefan wanted to go home to his girlfriend and hold her close. He wanted to go home to his brother and argue over meaningless crap. Stefan never thought he would miss that old boarding house more than he did right now so far from home.

"Keep up, Stefan!" The vampire-werewolf hybrid shouted through the forest of Middlesboro, Kentucky which immediately knocked Stefan out of his thoughts. The Salvatore vampire quickly looked ahead at Klaus before Stefan realized that he had stopped walking and he was now forty yards behind the hybrid.

The Salvatore vampire mentally cursed himself for not paying attention when he knew he should always keep his guard up around Klaus. The hybrid was someone he couldn't trust and Stefan didn't want to anger Klaus, so the Salvatore vampire quickly picked up his speed to shorten the distance between them.

Stefan walked stiffly behind the vampire-werewolf hybrid for a few minutes before the Salvatore vampire finally relaxed when he realized that Klaus wasn't paying attention to him and wasn't planning on to berate him anymore. The Salvatore vampire didn't let his full guard down like last time but just enough that he could think without worrying that Klaus would snap at him as they treaded through the woods to find another pack of werewolves.

This felt like an endless cycle of hell for the Salvatore vampire. They were constantly walking through the woods, mountains, and caves searching for werewolves for Klaus' cause as the hybrid liked to call it. Stefan felt like it was all pointless, though, since every single werewolf has died in a few short hours after Klaus would try to turn them.

The Salvatore vampire figured the reason why the werewolves kept dying had something to do with the fact that Emily was currently alive back in Mystic Falls. Stefan swore he would protect that secret with his life from the hybrid, though. The Salvatore vampire would rather die than ever let Klaus find out that Emily is still alive and hurt his girl.

Stefan released heavy sigh as he continued to follow the vampire-werewolf hybrid through the wooded area in Kentucky. It felt like they had been walking for hours. If Stefan was a human, he was pretty sure he would have passed out by now. Stefan was honestly growing bored, so he started counting the flowers on the ground to pass the time.

The Salvatore vampire had just counted his twelfth flower in forty minutes before Stefan suddenly heard a soft whisper of his name. Stefan glanced around the dark woods with his brows pulled together in confusion. However, when he didn't see anyone around them (it's not like anyone would know who he was, anyway, in this unfamiliar town), Stefan glanced ahead at Klaus and saw that it seemed like the hybrid didn't say or hear it either.

Stefan shook his head as he mentally told himself that he was just imagining and hearing things because he was so bored. The Salvatore vampire continued to follow after Klaus through the Kentucky woods for about thirty seconds more before Stefan heard that same whisper again as it murmured, "Stefan, baby, I hope you can hear me."