The One With Maria's Plan

Emily had endlessly drove around the quite town of Mystic Falls for about thirty minutes since she wasn't sure where she could take Elijah that her protective bodyguards wouldn't come to once they realized that she was missing along with the suppo...

Emily had endlessly drove around the quite town of Mystic Falls for about thirty minutes since she wasn't sure where she could take Elijah that her protective bodyguards wouldn't come to once they realized that she was missing along with the supposed-to-be-dead original. However, finally, the human girl came to the conclusion to just park in the woods by the falls since no one usually comes out this far - well, except for parties but it was too early for a party to be happening this morning, so the human doppelganger figured it was the perfect place.

The Gilbert girl was currently resting against the hood of Damon's blue Camaro while she cautiously watched the original vampire as he finished up the second blood bag that she had gave him from Damon's secret stash. Emily waited until the blood bag was empty before she spoke up for the first time in over half an hour as she asked, "how are you feeling?" The human girl could only imagine how hungry the original must be after being dead for a while, so she offered, "do you need more blood?"

Elijah lightly waved his hand before he assured the human girl as he pushed the empty blood bag into the pocket of his ruined suit, "I'm fine." The original vampire reached inside his other pocket before he grabbed the dagger and pulled it out. Elijah silently twirled it around his fingers as he took a couple of slow steps towards Emily before he inquired, "where did you find this?"

Emily crossed her arms over her grey sweater and leather jacket as she hugged herself away from the chilly air before she released a small sigh and told Elijah how they came to possess the dagger, "mine and Elena's biological father, John, was the one who gave it to Damon." The human girl lightly shrugged her shoulders as she continued from what her biological father had told her, "John thought if he gave it to Damon, then he could get rid of the both of you."

Emily rolled her green eyes at just the thought of how her biological had explained his way of keeping her safe which meant killing her sister's boyfriend and her boyfriend's brother along the way. "He thought he was helping," the Gilbert girl commented with annoyance in her voice. Emily glared at nothing in particular as it still annoyed her that John thought killing the original would keep her alive when Elijah was the key to her safety.

Emily decided to change the direction of the conversation as she remembered the letter that she had, so she shook her head to get rid of the annoyance for her biological father before she told Elijah, "alright, enough about that. We need to have a talk that is way over due." The Gilbert girl hopped off the hood of Damon's car before she stated with a serious expression stoned into her face, "we need to work together."

The original vampire stared across at the human girl in amusement as he crossed his arms over his ruined suit with his fingers still clasped around the ancient dagger. Elijah twitched his head to the side as he continued to stare at Emily for a minute or so more before he asked the doppelganger with amusement dripping from his voice, "when did you get put in charge, Miss Emily?"

The Gilbert girl copied the original vampire's stance as she crossed her arms over her chest before she answered his question with zero humor in her voice to let Elijah know that she was being absolutely serious right now, "the second Klaus thought it would be a good idea to try to kill my best friend." It had been the last straw for Emily - when Klaus actually targeted someone that she loves - so she wasn't just going stand by and let the hybrid hurt the people who mean everything to her.