CHAPTER 9

As the sun shined brightly into sky in the early morning, the parking lot outside of Mystic Falls High School was filled with different vehicles for the car wash fundraiser

As the sun shined brightly into sky in the early morning, the parking lot outside of Mystic Falls High School was filled with different vehicles for the car wash fundraiser. Being the leader of the whole event, Emily stood to the side as she watched for something she had to fix. She noticed everything was running smoothly, so she joined Bonnie, who was washing a car with Matt.

Bonnie gave Emily a thankful smile as she noticed the oldest Gilbert girl before they started to wash the windows of a small car. But Bonnie glanced up when she didn't hear the water hose, which Matt was in charge of. "Uh-uh, no. None of that tortured pinning stuff," she told Matt as she saw him staring at Elena and Stefan while they kissed.

Matt shrugged lightly as he uttered, "I'm just observing."

"Mm-hmm," Bonnie mumbled even though she didn't believe Matt for one minute.

"Whatever you say, Matty," Emily smirked at her blonde friend. But she quickly turned around when she heard someone honking. Emily glanced around for someone who wasn't busy at the moment. She called out as she pointed at the red car, "Tiki! This one is yours!"

"Why do I always get the homely ones?" Tiki groaned. "Just to be clear," she told the man, "your car's a P.O.S. I mean, we can wash it, but it's still a P.O.S."

Emily glared at Tiki as she growled, "you don't have to rude." She always hated when someone was rude for no reason. Emily definitely didn't want that attitude on her cheerleading team either. It was just how Emily was raised, to always be respectful - she has her mother to thank for that.

"Rude is uglying up the road with that junker," Tiki told her cheerleading captain. But as soon as Tiki began to fill up the water bucket, the water and soap sprayed all over her. Emily couldn't help but laugh, that's karma for you. "Woah! What the hell?" Tiki yelled out.

Matt quickly ran over and grabbed the water hose that was moving out of control before handing the dark haired girl a towel. He chuckled as he smirked, "wet and wild, Tik!"

Emily grew tired after she had been washing dirty vehicles for a few hours, so she let Bonnie be in charge since she could find Caroline anymore, instead Emily made her way to the cashier to handle the money. Apparently her sister had the same idea, because once Emily got closer, she saw Elena sitting behind the cashier.

""Hey, sis," Emily called out as she moved to sit next to Elena with a bright smile.

But not even a moment later, Emily noticed a familiar man walking up to the cashier. Elena must have had the same thought, because she mentioned, "we saw you last night. You were talking to a friend of ours. At the Grill?"

"Well, I..." the man began before he took a long pause in confusion, "I thought it was somebody I knew."

"Stefan Salvatore," Elena clarified.

"Nah, it can't be," the man shook his head. "It's just my mind playing tricks on me," he tried to explain.

"Where do you think you'd seen him before?" Emily asked the man in confusion.