The One With The Goodbyes

Emily Gilbert easily and carelessly strolled around downtown Mystic Falls as if she didn't have a care in the world while she glanced at the familiar people and the familiar buildings - when, in fact, that was far from the truth with her looming w...

Emily Gilbert easily and carelessly strolled around downtown Mystic Falls as if she didn't have a care in the world while she glanced at the familiar people and the familiar buildings - when, in fact, that was far from the truth with her looming witch status and death waiting for her.

It had been quite an emotional day for the Petrova doppelganger on her last day as a human. After Emily had told her boyfriend that she wanted to say goodbye to everyone - just encase everything didn't go their way - the Gilbert girl had taken her aunt out for brunch at Mo's Mystic Spot that served the best chocolate chip pancakes in all of Mystic Falls, Virginia.

The strawberry blonde woman already knew about everything that was going to happen tonight from what her nieces and Alaric had told her, so Emily and Jenna just spoke as if there wasn't a sacrifice happening in a few short hours. The aunt and niece duo just chatted about their favorite memories together and only enjoyable and happy topics like their favorite movies, new released songs, and different moments in their lives that had them laughing from their favorite memories.

There was a few tears every now and again whenever Jenna or Emily couldn't help but suddenly remember what was going to happen tonight and what it would mean for the human Petrova doppelganger. However, the orange and blueberry mimosas along with the warm chocolate chip pancakes definitely helped and made it a very happy outing for the aunt and niece duo.

Emily ended up staying with her favorite strawberry blonde for as long as she could but when it reached the second hour mark, the Gilbert girl, sadly, had to say goodbye to her aunt as she still had a few more people who she needed to see before the full moon. The human Petrova doppelganger ended up dropping Jenna off at the Gilbert residence - since she was the one who drove from the Salvatore boarding house - before Emily headed over to the old witch house where her brother and her witchy best friend were staying for the time being.

It had been a little bit creepy for Emily to be at the location of where a hundred witches had died - especially when their voices had kept popping into her head. It ended up becoming a bit too much that the Gilbert girl, Jeremy, and Bonnie moved and sat out on the old witch house's porch, so Emily could actually hear herself think.

The gathering of her youngest sibling and her best friend, immediately went more smoothly once the witches had stopped yelling in her head about different topics that she didn't really understand most of the time. It was hard for Emily to comprehend what the deceased witches were saying, but the one thing that did get repeated the most was some type of Hebrew prophecy for the Protectors of the Innocence. It completely confused Emily since she knew that she was the last Protectors of the Innocence, but the Gilbert girl decided to not worry about some ancient prophecy when today was about saying goodbye.

So, instead of worrying about something that probably didn't mean anything for her ears, Emily focused on her youngest sibling and her best friend. However, unlike with Jenna, the three teenagers did talk about the looming sacrifice that was only hours away. Jeremy had wanted to know everything that his sister had found out from the original - since he and Bonnie had been mostly in the dark about what was happening - so Emily spent half of her time explaining all about how she was supposed to become this strong witch.