CHAPTER 21

Emily leaned against the many gray lockers that littered the crowded hallways of Mystic Falls High School with her twin sister and best friend

Emily leaned against the many gray lockers that littered the crowded hallways of Mystic Falls High School with her twin sister and best friend. Stefan spoke up to the two girls, "Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him, he shuts me down," Stefan explained.

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" Emily questioned Stefan. She hoped Damon would give up on Katherine so she wouldn't come to Mystic Falls and burn the small city to the ground with her destruction.

Stefan glanced over at Emily, "I don't know." Stefan paused before explaining, "he waited 145 years only to find out that Katherine could not care less. I mean, it's gotta hurt, right?"

Emily shrugged her shoulders before smirking, "and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." Emily glanced over at Elena when she heard her chuckle. She smiled over at her younger sister before giving Elena a high-five.

Stefan chuckled at the two sisters before looking at his girlfriend, "you have every right to be upset with him." Stefan glanced over at Emily before asking, "have you guys thought about what you are going to do?"

"About what?" Elena questioned before continuing, "Isobel, our vampire birth mother, who's related to our vampire ancestor Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother?" Elena shrugged, "nah, I haven't thought about it at all."

Emily smirked, "Damn, Elena. I'm loving the attitude," Emily joked while looking over at her sister.

Stefan chuckled, "I'm sorry I brought it up."

Elena sighed, "it'd just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it. No vampire mother or brother."

"Amen," Emily praised her sister. She couldn't remember the last time she had a vampire and drama free day.

Stefan rose an eyebrow at the two girls, "no vampires at all?"

Emily sighed loud and dramatically, "I guess you can stay, if you must," Emily joked.

Stefan smiled at the older Gilbert while Elena rolled her eyes at her sister before answering her boyfriend. "No vampires but you. I just want to get us back to normal stuff like school and homework and," Elena gasped, "here's a thought, fun."

"Ooh," Stefan smiled, "that sounds good to me. When do we start?" The two girls chuckled before following Stefan down the busy hallway.

The two girls were standing by Stefan's locker while he was placing books inside, when suddenly a happy Caroline popped up next to the two sisters. Emily chuckled lowly when Elena jumped in fright when the blonde showed up. Emily was used to Caroline popping out of nowhere since she was her best friend.

"I'm thinking nothing huge, just a dinner at the Grill, maybe a late movie," Caroline exclaimed as soon as she close enough for the trio to hear her.

"You mean like a double date?" Stefan spoke up while he was looking through his book bag.

Caroline shrugged, "two pair out on a Friday night, couple. Yeah. a double date," Caroline smiled at Stefan and Elena.