CHAPTER 7

Emily bounced down the stairs and made her way to the kitchen when she heard voices

Emily bounced down the stairs and made her way to the kitchen when she heard voices. But in reality, it was only one voice talking to the the TV. As Emily made her way into the room, she saw her aunt glaring at the TV with hatred as she mumbled, "scum ball. Scum bucket."

Emily looked over at Elena, who was sitting at the dining room table while she watched Jenna in amusement. "Who the hell is she talking to?" She asked her sister.

"Him," Jenna spoke as she pointed towards the TV.

Emily looked closely at the TV before she realized who it was. She groaned as she looked her aunt in question, "is that Logan Fell?"

Jenna nodded her head as she commented, "also known as Logan "Scum" Fell." Jenna looked over at Elena as she questioned, "did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?"

Elena chuckled, "oh, no way. You and him?" She looked back at the TV as she commented, "he's cute."

Emily looked over at her sister in disgust, "are you blind, Lena? That man is not cute." The older sister knew all about Logan, after Jenna had told her one night when she was drunk.

Jenna nodded her head in agreement with Emily, "definitely not cute. There's nothing cute about him." Jenna glanced over at Elena, who was digging inside of a familiar old wooden box. "What are you doing with that?" Jenna questioned.

Elena grabbed a gold watch and began to clean it as she spoke, "I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display."

Jenna carefully picked up a ring from inside the box and examined it before she wondered, "is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?"

"Originally, it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring," Emily corrected her aunt with proudness leaking from her voice.

Elena looked over at her sister in shock as she questioned, "how did you know that?"

Emily explained, "mom told me when I turned 18 that I would get to have the ring." She glanced down at the ring in Jenna's hand with a small smile before she mumbled, "it was always my favorite."

Elena squeezed her sister's shoulder, but before she could say anything, Jeremy came towards the table and grabbed a pocket watch from the box. "How much do you think this stuff is worth?" He questioned, "you know, like on eBay?"

Elena quickly reached over the table and grabbed the watch from Jeremy's hand. "You're not gonna find out," she stated.

"That stuff is mom and dad's," Jeremy grumbled, "you can't just give it away."

The front doorbell suddenly interrupted the siblings dispute. Elena looked up with a bright smile before she quickly ran towards the door. Emily chuckled lowly, she knew it was probably Stefan at the door. So she turned to her brother with soft eyes as she vowed, "we're not giving it away, Jer. The council just needs it for a while, we'll get it back, I promise."