CHAPTER 20

Emily sat on the wooden porch swing that her father built when she was six, wrapped in her leather jacket trying to keep warm from the cold weather that took over the early mornings in Mystic Falls

Emily sat on the wooden porch swing that her father built when she was six, wrapped in her leather jacket trying to keep warm from the cold weather that took over the early mornings in Mystic Falls. She held her cell phone to her ear, listening to the multiple sounds of the phone ringing. Emily sighed when the call went to voicemail. She waited for the beep before speaking, "Hey Bon Bon, just wanted to see how you are doing." Emily paused before continuing, "I know it feels really difficult right now, but everything will be okay. Elena and I miss you so much. If you need anything please give me a call, I'll do whatever I can to help." Emily glanced up when she heard footsteps coming walking up the porch and when she did, she saw her aunt Jenna. Emily gave her aunt a small smile before quickly speaking into her phone, "come home soon. We love you, bye."

"What are you doing out here?" Jenna asked her older niece. "It's cold," Jenna chuckled while holding her hot cup of coffee.

Emily lifted up her phone towards Jenna, "I was just checking on Bonnie." Emily paused before continuing, "with Bonnie's grandma's funeral, it just reminded me mom and dad's." Emily looked up at her aunt in wonder, "did you ever find anymore about our adoption?"

Jenna gave Emily a small smile before pointing towards the front door with her head, "come on inside."

Emily quickly followed after Jenna, wanting to get away from the windy weather that was sitting her pale face. While Jenna went to grab her laptop from her bag, Emily moved to the dining room table where she saw her twin sister. Elena looked up from a book she was reading and questioned the two newcomers in the dining room, "hey, what are you guys doing?"

Emily gave her sister a smile, "Jenna might have found some more information on our adoption." Emily noticed that Elena perked up at her answer so she moved to sit next to her sister so Jenna could show them both the information she found.

Jenna sat down next to Elena and opened her laptop before speaking towards her two nieces, "your dad kept everything from his medical practice - records, logs, old appointment books," Jenna picked up a heavy leather book and exclaimed, "I found a entry from the night you two were born." Jenna flicked through a few pages before stating, "Patient and a birth date. Isobel Peterson."

Elena looked over at the name of the page before looking back at Jenna in wonder, "do you think that's her real name?"

Jenna shook her head, "pregnant teenage runaway? Probably not." Jenna shrugged lightly, "first name, maybe." Jenna paused before continuing, "but where'd she get Peterson? Classmate? Roommate? So I binged it." Jenna turned back to her opened laptop and pulled up the search engine and began typing, "I searched for all the Petersons in this area born the same year as Isobel, found 3 - 2 men, one woman, Trudie, who lived in Grove Hill, Virginia."

Emily looked over at her aunt shocked, "that's really close to Mystic Falls." She couldn't believe that someone could have information about her birth mother and that lived so close.