The One With The Road Trip

The road trip to Chicago had began six very slow hours ago. Damon and Elena were sitting in front of the Salvatore vampire's blue Mustang while Emily and Tyler were sitting in the backseat.

The Radkova witch was beginning to feel antsy. Emily wasn't exactly a fan of sitting around and doing nothing. Logically Emily, of course, knew she couldn't make the car move faster without breaking a lot of laws but Emily was beginning to get stuck in her own head with worries from how this trip was going to go.

Emily was so nervous that she had began running her vervain necklace that Stefan gave her so long ago between her fingers. It was a habit that the Gilbert girl had since she was a young kid. Emily would always play with her necklace or ring or whatever she was wearing that day whenever she got too anxious or nervous about something.

The Lockwood werewolf could practically feel Emily's nerves radiating off of her body. Tyler placed his hand onto the Radkova witch's thigh as he softly asked her, "you doing okay?"

Emily flinched for half of a second at the unexpected touch before she relaxed when she saw that it was just Tyler. The Radkova witch shot the werewolf a small smile before she muttered, "yeah, I'm fine."

Tyler immediately furrowed his brows as he stared over at the Gilbert girl. "Are you sure?" The Lockwood werewolf asked, "is there anything I can do?"

Emily softly chuckled as she placed the hand that wasn't playing with her necklace on top of Tyler's that was on her thigh. "I'm okay," the Radkova witch promised before she joked, "I'm just not a fan of road trips."

"Aw, don't be like that, princess!" The Salvatore vampire exclaimed from the driver's seat. Damon smirked as he glanced back at the Radkova witch before he murmured, "we had a fun time in Georgia."

"Oh, yeah. It was so much fun," Emily sarcastically uttered as she rolled her green eyes. "We got into a car accident and then we were whisked away to another state," the Radkova witch reminded the Salvatore vampire. Emily narrowed her gaze as she stared Damon before she continued, "without our permission might I add."

Emily remembered her last road trip and it wasn't pretty. It was right after the Gilbert twins had found the photograph of Katherine and saw how alike the Petrova vampire looked like Elena. It was also during that period when Damon was dead set on freeing Katherine out of the tombs.

It was such a simpler time back then when their biggest issue was dealing with the tomb vampires. Now it felt like hell with them having to deal with the biggest and baddest vampire in the world.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Tyler exclaimed as he tightly squeezed the Radkova witch's knee without really realizing it. "What car accident? When did this happen?" The Lockwood werewolf hurriedly asked in worry for the girl beside him.

Damon completely ignored the werewolf's questions as he reminded the Radkova witch, "I saved your ass. You guys could have been stuck in the police station answering questions." The Salvatore vampire shot Emily a smirk before he added, "instead, we had some fun in a bar."

Elena turned sideways in the passenger seat before she shot the Lockwood werewolf a small smile to let him know that someone had heard his questions. "It was a long time ago," Elena informed him.

Emily slowly nodded her head as she murmured, "yeah, we did." The Radkova witch shot Damon a glare before she sarcastically continued, "and then Lexi's boyfriend tried to kill you. That was so much fun."

Damon carelessly shrugged his shoulders. "When isn't someone trying to kill me?" The Salvatore vampire jokingly asked.

"Hey!" Elena exclaimed as she slapped her boyfriend's upper arm. "Hopefully no one tries to kill you this time," the human girl mumbled as she stared over at Damon with a small frown displayed across her face.