The One With The First Date

Emily released a heavy sigh as she stepped her black ankle boots out into the chilly air of Mystic Falls and protectively wrapped her arms around her matching coat

Emily released a heavy sigh as she stepped her black ankle boots out into the chilly air of Mystic Falls and protectively wrapped her arms around her matching coat. The Gilbert girl glanced up to the cloudy sky with a frown permanently embedded all over her face from her furrowed eyebrows, dull green eyes, and her usually happy smile turned upside down.

Emily was honestly a nervous wreck about her best friends currently in the possession of the feared hybrid - especially after meeting Klaus and seeing how much evil he holds by just looking into his blue-green irises. It also didn't really help that she couldn't even help find the werewolf and the vampire herself like she was used to doing. Emily never liked to sit on the side lines when it came to things like this in Mystic Falls - especially when it involved people she cared deeply about.

However, before Emily could dwell too much on their current predicament with the feared hybrid, she was soon interrupted when she felt a familiar pair of cold arms engulf her into a tight and loving embrace. The Gilbert girl couldn't help but immediately melt into the hug as she instantly wrapped her small hands around her boyfriend's neck and pushed her forehead into his cool chest.

The younger Salvatore held his girlfriend like that for a minute or two but when Stefan felt the Gilbert girl's shaky breath hitting against his collarbone, Stefan slowly pulled away and placed his hands on either side of Emily's reddened face. Stefan stared directly into the human Petrova doppelganger's green eyes with his brows pulled together in worry for his girlfriend as he could tell that something was bothering her. "Are you okay?" Stefan gently questioned as he rubbed his rough thumb across Emily's soft cheek.

The Gilbert girl stared up at Stefan for a solid minute as she bit down on her bottom lip before she decided that it was best to not tell Stefan about what was going on with her best friends. Emily knew that the older Salvatore would be able to handle it without them with Alaric's help, so it wasn't like it was necessary to tell Stefan about it. Emily also decided to not tell her boyfriend because she wanted to be selfish for the first time in her life when this would be her last human day on Earth.

Emily just wanted to spend some alone time with the love of her life for the first time in forever before she would have to go face to face with the feared hybrid again, so instead of telling Stefan the truth, the Gilbert girl shot her boyfriend a small smile before she murmured, "it's just been a very long day."

Stefan slowly nodded his head in understanding as he continued to comfortingly rub his thumb across the Gilbert girl's cheek. The Salvatore vampire could only imagine how Emily was feeling right now - hell, he's been an emotional wreck for days now because of what tonight meant.

Stefan shot the human Petrova doppelganger a soft smile as he settled his hand around Emily's waist before he told her as he reminded his girlfriend about his promise that he had made this morning, "well, I hope I can make it better for you."

The Gilbert girl furrowed her brows for a moment from Stefan's words before her green eyes widened when she recalled that Stefan wanted to take her somewhere before the sacrifice. "Where exactly are you taking me?" Emily curiously wondered as the Salvatore vampire never did tell her where he wanted to go before she had decided to say goodbye to her loved ones.