CHAPTER 16

Emily was pacing up and down her sister's bedroom floor while Elena and Stefan laid next to each other the younger twin's bed

Emily was pacing up and down her sister's bedroom floor while Elena and Stefan laid next to each other the younger twin's bed. Emily was nervous because they had to talk about the car accident that only took place two days ago. They knew it was a vampire that Emily had hit with her car, but they didn't know who and what he wanted.

"Stefan, who was that man in the road?" Elena questioned Stefan while glancing over at her sister.

Stefan shook his head, "I don't know." Stefan looked over at the pacing Gilbert and called out to her, causing Emily to turn to him. "Do you remember anything else about him?" Stefan asked Emily, since she was the one who awake during the whole car accident.

Emily thought for a moment before sighing, "it was too dark. All I could see was a dark figure coming straight towards the car and then he left once Damon came."

Stefan stared at the oldest Gilbert for a moment before standing up, "I brought some vervain," Stefan told the two sisters. "For you guys and Jenna." Stefan grabbed a small box that he had sat down once he arrived in Elena's bedroom. Stefan opened the wooden box and pulled out a thick bracelet, "and, um, I made this bracelet for Jeremy, few extra one for friends." Emily went and sat on the bed beside her sister so she could have closer look. Stefan handed the older Gilbert a small vile of liquid. "You can put it jewelry, or you can even put it in food or drink, but as long as it's in you or on you, a vampire cannot control you," Stefan explained.

Emily realized the small bottle in her hand was a bottle of liquid vervain. It a lot to remember about protecting yourself or others from a vampire. Elena must had the same idea, because she picked up a small plant and stated, "wow. So much to remember."

"I know," Stefan mumbled. "But there's another vampire in town." Stefan glanced over at Emily when he spoke, "so until we find out who it is and what he wants, we have to be careful."

Elena and Emily both nodded their head in agreement. Emily would do whatever she had to do to protect her sister from the new vampire. Suddenly, Emily heard her brother calling for her from downstairs. She listened carefully and realized Jeremy needed money for the pizza they ordered. Emily rolled her eyes, of course Jeremy wouldn't have any money. "I'll be right back," Emily mumbled to the couple before hurrying to her room and grabbed her wallet.

Emily rushed down the stairs and saw the pizza guy placing the pizza down on a small side table close by the door. Emily quickly opened her wallet and grabbed a twenty dollar bill and a five dollar bill. Emily handed over the money with a smile, "keep the change."

The pizza guy smiled at Emily and mumbled, "thanks." the pizza guy walked slowly backwards while continuing to stare at the girl and spoke, "and you have yourself a good night."

Emily looked at the pizza guy weirdly, but didn't think anything of it before closing the front door. Emily grabbed the pizza from the side table and moved towards to the dining room table, but not before yelling towards her sister and best friend, "pizza's here!"