Chapter 12

Huang Yuming was well known for having a fiery temper. He certainly hadn’t relied on being merciful to get to where he was in five years!

He snorted and didn’t say anymore. Then he turned and left.

The aforementioned director was frozen where he was, his face red and he didn’t know what to do.

He had only said a few words of sarcasm to Lin Yuzhen. CEO Huang didn’t have to be this angry, right?

“CEO Lin…”

He looked pitifully at Lin Qiang.

“Put your resignation letter on my table tomorrow.”

Lin Qiang was also helpless here. This was one of his employees, what right did Huang Yuming have to fire him?

But the project had just been signed and there were still too many unknowns in this whole matter, so he didn’t dare to anger Huang Yuming either.

The director felt his heart turn to ashes when he heard what Lin Qiang said.

Everyone else within earshot trembled even more violently.

So he had been fired on the spot because he had just said a few sarcastic words to Lin Yuzhen?

This man was a director of Lin Group!

It was obvious from the look of it that Huang Yuming was standing up for Lin Yuzhen, but the bigger question was, how were the two of them connected?

“What are all of you standing here for? No need to work?!”

Lin Feng shouted and all the employees quickly went back to their work.

He walked over to Lin Qiang and frowned, “Dad, what’s going on between Lin Yuzhen and Huang Yuming?”

They were definitely not lovers as they had initially guessed. Judging from Huang Yuming’s attitude, he treated her with great respect, and there was even some fear involved.

But how could this be?

Who was Huang Yuming?

He was a man who could command both the legal and illegal circles!

And even the Lins had to be extra polite to him.

What did this one Lin Yuzhen do to make Huang Yuming treat her so politely?

“Investigate this!”

Lin Qiang’s had a cold expression on his face as he shouted these words.

This sudden turn of events had completely upset his plans.

If Lin Yuzhen and Huang Yuming were in this sort of relationship, then he really couldn’t afford to touch Lin Yuzhen.

“Got it!”

Lin Feng immediately left.

Inside the office, Lin Yuzhen finally managed to react.

She walked to where Jiang Ning was, both hands behind her back, as if she was inspecting a little mouse in the cage and looked seriously at Jiang Ning.

“What is going on?”

Lin Yuzhen wrinkled her nose at him. “Don’t say this has nothing to do with you, I won’t believe it.”

Jiang Ning opened his half closed eyes and said calmly, “I’ll admit it, this has something to do with me.”

She knew it!

Lin Yuzhen knew it – there was no other reason why Jiang Ning was so certain that nobody else but her would be able to sign this contract.

And even more confident that Lin Qiang and son would humble themselves and beg her to come back to work.

This was obviously arranged by him.

But…he was just a homeless man, how could he have known Huang Yuming?

She thought about how she saw Huang Yuming standing reverently in front of Jiang Ning when she opened the door earlier.

“I know Little Huang.”

He saw Lin Yuzhen staring at him, waiting for him to explain himself. Jiang Ning laughed, “Before he struck it rich, he was homeless too. Once he was almost dying from hunger and I gave half of my bun to him, so he owes me one now.”

Today, he was here to return the favor.

Lin Yuzhen scoffed.

“You think I’m going to believe that?”

She bit her lips. This was beyond her imagination. This Jiang Ning was treating her like a child by telling her this stupid story.

“Do you believe that good people will reap good rewards?” Jiang Ning asked seriously.

Lin Yuzhen thought for a bit, then said, “Are you trying to say that you’re a good person?”