Chapter 22

Su Mei had no idea how to react at all. Five million!

She didn’t dare to take so much money that she hadn’t earned. Even if this was compensation, she really didn’t need this much.

She had no idea that if she didn’t forgive them, the losses to Donghai Bank was even higher than 20 billion!

“It’s too much, and I really can’t accept this. Just $200 for my medical bills is enough.”

For as long as Su Mei did not agree, Xue Xing and the rest remained bowed, not even daring to lift their heads.

“I’ll just accept it first then.”

Su Mei didn’t know what to do since she didn’t know how to reject them at all. She decided to wait till Lin Yuzhen came back before finding a way to handle this.

When they saw that Su Mei accepted their token of apology, Xue Xing and the rest breathed a sigh of relief. They had thought that Su Mei would ask for way more than this, but now they were embarrassed that they had thought of her that way in the first place.

“Su Mei! Come out here right now! You knocked into my brother’s car and now you’re hiding at home? Come out and compensate us!”

“Damn it, so it’s this family? Bloody hell, how dare you knock into my car, you’d better come out and compensate me, otherwise I’m going to bash all of you up!”

There was suddenly a loud voice at the door threatening to barge into the house.

Zhang Rong rolled up his sleeves and was ready to fight!

He wasn’t leaving until they coughed up at least a million bucks!

Su Mei started frowning.

Jiang Ning had indeed knocked into a car the night before. A luxury car no less, and it must have been worth a lot of money.

But it was their fault for blocking the way in the first place.

“I’m really sorry about this, let me take a look outside.”

Su Mei walked out to see Zhang Cui with her hands on her hips and shouting away.

“So what if you own a BMW? What’s so great about that? So much so you even dare to knock into my brother’s Porsche?”

“You know how much that Porsche costs? It’s enough to buy several shitty BMWs!”

Zhang Cui rarely found the chance to shout at others this confidently, so her voice was extra loud and attracted the attention of many neighbors.

She wanted to show everyone that a BMW was practically worthless in front of a Porshe.

“Are you Su Mei? So you guys are the ones who knocked into my car last night!”

Zhang Rong saw that Su Mei had come out and laughed coldly. “Just because you own a shitty BMW, you’ve become arrogant huh? Let’s see how you’re going to compensate me! Prepare to go bankrupt!”

“That car of mine is worth more than a million! And now it’s beyond repair!”

Su Mei’s face turned as white as a sheet.

A car worth more than a million?

They couldn’t afford that for sure.

But it was too late for that. After all, Jiang Ning had indeed knocked into his car.

“Zhang Rong?”

She was about to reply when Xue Xing walked out from behind her. He frowned, “Why are you here?”

“CEO…CEO Xue!”

Zhang Rong immediately froze on the spot.

Why was the CEO here?

And he had walked out from Su Mei’s house!

It was as if he had been struck by lightning and was rooted to the ground. He didn’t even dare to move an inch.

In front of the CEO, a mere departmental head like him wasn’t even qualified to carry his shoes!

“You know each other?” Su Mei was surprised.

“This is the Head of Customer Service at the headquarters, and he was recently promoted.” Xue Xing did not conceal any of this.

He could tell immediately that Zhang Rong had some unsettled matters with Su Mei, and scoffed in his heart.

They had taken much effort to make sure Su Mei accepted their apology, but now Zhang Rong had come to make trouble – what was this all about?

This idiot didn’t know what was good for him – was he trying to get the whole Donghai Bank into trouble?!

“Zhang Rong, what is going on?” Xue Xing’s face was dead serious.

“CEO, it’s…it’s them. They knocked into my car last night and damaged it, so I…”

“Nonsense, you were the one who purposely parked the car at the exit and blocked everyone’s way. Others didn’t dare to touch your car, but this family dared to.”

“Tsk, there are all sorts of people in this world huh. So he’s a departmental head in Donghai Bank, no wonder he dares to throw his weight about like that.”

“He’s arrogant just because he’s rich. Doesn’t the bank have money only because we put money in? I’m never using Donghai Bank anymore!”

Some of the neighbors watching were reasonable people, and couldn’t hold it in when they heard the nonsense Zhang Rong was spouting.

Xue Xing’s face became even nastier when he heard what they said.

This matter had now started to affect Donghai Bank’s reputation.

He turned and bowed slightly to Su Mei, “Madam Su, I am really very sorry for yet another disturbance to your life. I hope you will not take this to heart, I will settle this matter.”

Xue Xing’s face grew serious, and Zhang Rong felt weak in his knees.

He had never seen the CEO so polite to anybody before!

How was this woman connected to the CEO?

He turned around to look at his own sister, Zhang Cui, and she was also shocked speechless. She never knew that Su Mei’s family had connections like this. Even the CEO of Donghai Bank had to bow to her?

“I’ll compensate you for your car!”

Xue Xing wrote a check and threw it at Zhang Rong.

Zhang Rong didn’t dare to pick it up at all!

“Also, you’ve been fired.”

Xue Xing didn’t waste time beating round the bush. “Every employee of Donghai Bank must be of the highest character. If you are of poor character, don’t even think of joining the company!”

“CEO! CEO! Don’t fire me! I was wrong! I admit my mistake!”

Zhang Rong’s face was ashen.

If he were to be fired, he couldn’t pay the monthly installments on the car loan!

And he couldn’t afford to lose such a good job too!

“Now you know your mistake? Too late!”

“Secretary Xu, inform HR and make a company announcement. Also, tell the one who recommended Zhang Rong for a promotion to see me in the office first thing tomorrow morning for a reflection session!”

Zhang Rong was now like a deflated balloon, and his entire body was weak.

Zhang Cui was also still standing there, her face all pale. She never thought things would end this way.

She hadn’t even had time to boast about how her younger brother had been promoted and bought a luxury car. And now all this had vanished into thin air?

“Su Mei! Have pity on us! Have pity on us!!”

She quickly ran to Su Mei and squeezed a smile out, “We’re all neighbors after all, so have some pity on us.”

“This is all my brother’s fault, so we’ll apologize to you right now. We’re sorry! We’re sorry!”

Su Mei looked at Zhang Cui. No matter how kind she was, she too, could not tolerate how someone could be so two faced.

Zhang Cui had often badmouthed Su Mei and family – did Zhang Cui think that she didn’t know about that?

She had called Lin Wen a cripple and called her an old hag who didn’t know how to make money. Recently she had said their family was a bunch of good for nothings and had to find someone to marry into the family. Did Zhang Cui really think she didn’t know she said all these awful things?

Su Mei took a deep breath. “I’m sorry, but you deserved this!”

Zhang Cui’s face immediately paled when she heard this.

She didn’t dare to say anything anymore and dragged Zhang Rong away immediately. If they didn’t leave now, they could be humiliated even further!

“Madam Su, I apologize once again for ruining your mood,” Xue Xing looked extremely apologetic.

“No worries, I’m thankful for your help. As for the compensation…”

“Please don’t talk about the money, please don’t, that concerns my pride too,” Xue Xing jokingly replied. “We should get going, we will not disturb Madam Su any longer.”

With that, Xue Xing and his subordinates left.

All the neighbors were watching with envy, and some were even jealous!

Nobody knew that Su Mei and family were such big shots!

Even the CEO of Donghai Bank had to be so polite to her!

Su Mei was a bit embarrassed by all this, so she just greeted some of the neighbors with a few nods of the head and then went back into the house. She was still in shock about what had just happened.

Meanwhile at the factory construction site office.

Lin Yuzhen’s face was grim. She was so furious, her body was trembling slightly.

“They’re trying to monopolize the market! They’ve gone too far!”