Chapter 28

Jiang Ning had sent more than sixty men sprawling on the ground in less than a minute, and Lin Yuzhen still hadn’t caught her breath from watching it happen.

The other workers around her were also in a daze like her. It took them several moments before they could calm their hearts down and continue working.

But there were those 68 men all tied up together not far from them, and looking at them still made their hearts pound.

Meanwhile, back at the private hot spring clubhouse.

Hei Hu was in a short sleeved floral print shirt, his exposed two arms filled with tattoos, and his face was threatening.

Even though he mixed in the illegal underground circles, he still wanted to cultivate his own classiness.

Using a wine glass to drink Baijiu was one of his unique practices.

He had just earned five million, so he thought it appropriate to celebrate.

“Boss, your call.”

A subordinate walked in swiftly. “It’s Huang Yuming.”

A quizzical look crossed Hei Hu’s eyes when he heard the name, followed by a look of disdain.

“Why is he calling me? Isn’t he now some important person in the legal circles?”

Huang Yuming used to mix in the illegal circles too, but he suddenly advanced very quickly and now he was a successful businessman.

Businessmen could earn money more easily than them, and the risks were much lower.

Hei Hu took the phone and asked sarcastically, “Why, CEO Huang has personally called me because you have some business for me?”

“Hei Hu, you’re really bold huh. You even tried to wreck my project?”

Contrary to his expectations, Huang Yuming’s tone was cold and direct. “68 of your men are now with me. I want 6.8 million for them. Any less and none of them is leaving this place!”

Huang Yuming hung up after saying that.

Hei Hu’s eyelid started twitching.

He had indeed sent 68 men out. Did they all perish?

And that project was connected to Huang Yuming?

Damn this Lin Qiang! Lin Qiang had never told Hei Hu about this.

“Call He now!” Hei Hu immediately commanded.

“Boss, we can’t contact him!”

Hei Hu immediately understood that Huang Yuming meant business.

6.8 million meant that each person was worth 100k. Huang Yuming only allowed him to ransom all or none. If he didn’t pay, none of them would come back.

He just earned 5 million but now he had to spit out 6.8 million?

Hei Hu couldn’t bear to, but he knew that Huang Yuming was equally vicious. If he didn’t pay up, Huang Yuming was definitely not letting any one of them go.

If the other men knew about this, they might become disloyal to him.

“What a vicious move.”

Hei Hu laughed coldly and got up. “I’m going to see Huang Yuming myself!”

They could be considered from the same circle of people, and even though they weren’t on the best terms, they didn’t have to fall out over a small matter like this. It was just a matter of pride, Hei Hu could understand.

He got someone to drive him immediately to Huang Yuming’s office.

“Young lady, tell your CEO Huang, an old friend, Hei Hu, is looking for him.”

Hei Hu decided to remain polite and got the receptionist to inform Huang Yuming instead of charging upstairs directly.

The receptionist saw how threatening Hei Hu looked and was followed by several men, so she couldn’t help but become nervous. She quickly called the secretary and explained the situation.

“Mr Hei Hu, CEO Huang asks you to go upstairs,” the receptionist told Hei Hu after putting down the phone.

Hei Hu went straight into the lift and up to the highest floor.

Huang Yuming sat in his office, and when he heard a knock on the door, he calmly said, “Come in.”

Hei Hu walked in and left his men to wait outside.

“Not bad, not bad. CEO Huang is really impressive, your business has grown tremendously.”

He looked around at the fittings in the office and thought to himself that he was going to make his own office look like this too.

After mixing in the underground illegal circles for a long time, he had always wanted to come up to the surface and wash his hands off illegal dealings.

Hei Hu walked over to the sofa, sat down and narrowed his eyes as he said, “CEO Huang, we haven’t seen each other in a quite a while eh?”

“It’s been more than a year.”

Huang Yuming continued to sit where he was and didn’t get up. “So, you wanted to wreck my project?”

“A misunderstanding! It’s all a misunderstanding!”

Hei Hu laughed, “We’re all brothers in the same circles after all. Even though I love money, but I wouldn’t go against CEO Huang for that little bit of money.”

“I’ll tell you honestly, I really didn’t know this project had anything to do with you. That asshole Lin Qiang didn’t tell me at all.”

Hei Hu continued to be upset, “If I had known it was your project, I wouldn’t have dared to do this even if he gave me 10 million bucks.”

Huang Yuming looked at Hei Hu’s hypocritical face. He knew very well what sort of person Hei Hu was – as long as he was paid enough, he would do anything, no matter how crazy it was!