Chapter 175 Taken Away

"Did you already know that my mum would agree?"

Jiang Ning let go of his blanket. "Both Dad and Mum are filial people. It's very hard to change their basic personalities. Besides, the old man should have suffered enough by now to know he was wrong."

How well could an elderly stroke patient live in a nursing home?

It didn't take a genius to know.

"My Grandpa wasn't like this before," said Lin Yuzhen vey quietly. "At least when I was a child, he was really nice to me."

"Then after my dad got into that car accident, Lin Qiang took over the family and said that girls are useless to the family because girls would eventually have to be married out of the family, and everything changed..."

Jiang Ning knew that Lin Yuzhen was trying to convince herself to agree with Lin Wen''s thinking.

"Yup, it's the fault of that Lin Qiang and his son. A pity we let them get away," said Jiang Ning. "Or do you want me to find them and beat them up for you?"

"No don't!" Lin Yuzhen replied. "Gou and the rest will kill them!"

They all called her Boss Yuzhen, and always bowed reverently at a 90 degree angle every time they saw her. Initially Lin Yuzhen was really not used to it, because she felt like she was the wife of some big mafia boss or something.

After that...after that it just became a formality which was a strange thing in itself. But in any case, the reverence they showed her never changed. It was still the same as before.

"Whatever my wife says," replied Jiang Ning.

"Go to bed then."

Lin Yuzhen turned and didn't speak anymore.

Jiang Ning wanted to say that the floor was really cold, but in the end he just continued enduring it.

They didn't speak for the rest of the night. The first thing the next morning, Number 3 was already waiting at the door with that brand new BMW 7 series car.

Jiang Ning and the rest had changed and was ready to head for the nursing home to pick Lin Xiao up.

Qingshan Nursing Home.

It was an average nursing home in Donghai and they took in a lot of old folks all the time. The fees weren't very high, so the service wasn't too good. In fact, there were a few rumors about the elderly being abused inside.

But because it was fairly cheap, it didn't always have vacancies.

Lin Wen and the rest went straight to the director's office to talk about taking Lin Xiao out. The moment the director saw so many of them as well as that brand new BMW outside, he was very polite to them and quickly made arrangements.

But after a while, he came back and said, "Lin Xiao was taken out of the home yesterday."

"By who?" Lin Wen instantly became anxious.

Nobody else in Donghai would care about Lin Xiao now.

Lin Xiao had suffered a stroke and couldn't even take care of himself now.

"He said that he's Lin Xiao's son, and the visitor records state his name is Lin Qiang."

Lin Wen's expression instantly darkened when he heard Lin Qiang's name. He had a bad feeling about this.

"Lin Qiang? What is he trying to do?!"

Lin Wen was furious.

He knew Lin Qiang very well. This bastard was definitely not bringing Lin Xiao back to take care of him.

"Did he leave any other message or contact?" asked Jiang Ning.

"No he didn't," replied the director. "But when he took Lin Xiao away, Lin Xiao didn't seem very willing to go with him and even looked rather afraid of him."

Lin Wen became even more anxious.

Lin Xiao might not survive long in Lin Qiang's hands. Lin Qiang was someone who was even worse than an animal!

"Dad, don't be anxious," Jiang Ning said.

"Since Lin Qiang is back, I'm sure he's still in Donghai. I'll track him down."

He turned to Number 3. "Call Yuming. Tell him to track him down."

"Got it!"

Number 3 immediately made the call. . Of course Lin Wen was worried.

Lin Xiao had suffered a stroke and couldn't even take care of himself. Besides, he wasn't holding onto any of the Lin family assets anymore. Lin Qiang wouldn't do anything that didn't benefit himself.

He had some other motive for taking Lin Xiao away.

"Don't worry, if Jiang Ning says he can find him, he will definitely find him," Su Mei tried to console him.

She knew Lin Wen was really worried about the old man.

Jiang Ning got Number 3 to send the rest home and he went ahead to look for Huang Yuming.

The whole of Donghai was now undergoing a huge revamp and was going to become a great network of information.

Governor Zhang took care of the legal circle and Huang Yuming took care of the illegal circle. It was still in its beginning stages of the revamp, but it was still equally efficient.

They found Lin Qiang very quickly.

This man actually dared to return to Donghai!

"He's at the TV station." Huang Yuming frowned slightly. "I don't know what he's up to."

"Big Boss, you want me to pull him out from the TV station?"

Jiang Ning shook his head.

It was best not to do anything rash at a TV station, because it might cause a negative impact on the people and it was hard for even Governor Zhang to clean this sort of mess up.

The power of the media was a force to be reckoned with, and it stood independent of everything else.

"I want to see what this fellow is up to," replied Jiang Ning. "Also, call Zhang. You two have to set up everything quickly and make sure Donghai is as solid as iron. Don't miss out on covering the media."

Huang Yuming nodded. He had forgotten about the media before this.

Within the TV station.

Lin Qiang was seated on the sofa. Lin Xiao was next to him with a pale face and was expressionless, as if he was just waiting to die.

There was a faint stench coming from him. Lin Qiang had no idea how often they bathed him at the nursing home.

"Mr Lin, the program is about to begin, please get ready."

The host of the program then looked around to make sure there wasn't anybody around. He whispered, "Young Master Yu said you just have to follow the script."