Chapter 89

Jiang Ning nodded and pushed Lin Wen to the balcony.

The wind blew the cigarette smoke away, so Jiang Ning lit one for himself too. The two men remained silent for a few moments before Lin Wen broke the silence.

"I've come to my senses too late."

He had nearly finished his cigarette already. Jiang Ning didn't say anything. He just pulled another cigarette out and passed it to Lin Wen. "No it's not too late."

After Lin Wu had come to make trouble, Lin Wen was now fully awake and had clearly drawn the line between himself and the Lins. He now only had one family. Su Mei and Lin Yuzhen were his only two relatives.

"I want to make your mum happy, but I've owed her too much all these years."

Lin Wen inhaled deeply and it made his eyes turn red. "And Yuzhen too. I owe her so much too."

"Well then you've got to make it up to them," replied Jiang Ning. "Part of Yuzhen's share is my responsibility, but I won't fight with you over Mum''s. That's your business."

They both exchanged glances.

Lin Wen nodded. "Jiang Ning, thank you."

If Jiang Ning hadn't appeared, he would still be living in a daze, he would still be threatened by Lin Xiao and he would still be weak and helpless.

He would have allowed his wife and child to suffer humiliation and disdain along with himself.

But Lin Wen had now come to his senses. He was now more determined and decided on what he wanted to do.

"Next month, that doctor will come to Donghai." Jiang Ning didn't continue on the same topic and said this out of nowhere.

Lin Wen couldn't help but feel excited when he heard this. He knew Jiang Ning was referring to the doctor who could heal his legs!

"After you get well, it'll be time for Lin Group to stretch its arms and legs."

Jiang Ning laughed, "I don't know anything about doing business, so I'm counting on you."

......

The next morning.

After sending Lin Yuzhen and Lin Wen to the office, Jiang Ning went to the training facility in the countryside again.

Fifteen days had passed, so the atmosphere was getting heated up.

There were still several men rolling around in the mud.

They didn't seem to know what fatigue was, and they couldn't hide the excitement on their faces.

They had only persevered for fifteen days, but everyone could see a clear improvement in themselves.

This was really crazy!

It didn't matter which area it was — strength, speed, agility, response or intensity — there was an obvious improvement and they all behaved like they had discovered some great treasure.

This sort of improvement was something they had never experienced in the last twenty to thirty years of their life. It was so terrifying that they themselves found it hard to believe.

But all this was real!

Nobody complained it was too tough, and nobody complained about being tired. And nobody regretted making this decision.

Their only worry was whether they would be able to make it into the top thirty.

So everyone gave it their best shot.

Jiang Ning leaned against the car, lit a cigarette and glanced at them.

There were ten stages in total and some had managed to get to the eighth stage already. So there should be someone who would make it past the final stage after a few more days.

But he felt that they were still too slow.

"Big Boss, those people from Shengcheng are here with ill intentions." Huang Yuming stood by the side. "Besides Xu Rong, the rest have decided to compromise."

Nobody could hide this information.

Jiang Ning didn't say anything, so Huang Yuming continued, "There's quite some movement in Shengcheng. I received news that Lin Wu brought more than ten men here, and they're all highly skilled fighters." Huang Yuming's expression was very solemn.

"Thirteen of them."

Jiang Ning accurately reported the number of men.

Huang Yuming was shocked.

"They came to my place yesterday."

Huang Yuming felt all the hair on his back stand when he heard this.

Lin Wu had brought his men to Jiang Ning's house?

That was crazy!

He knew Lin Wu was under the Yang family and actually intended to tell Jiang Ning to be careful. But now it was clear that the two sides had already clashed head on with each other. Since Jiang Ning was still standing here in one good piece, that meant...

"Big Boss, it's my fault for not making proper arrangements," Huang Yuming immediately replied. "From today onwards, I will make sure there are people ensure the safety of Miss Lin and her family around the clock!"