Chapter 143

Chapter 143

Lin Yuzhen was stunned.

Xu Ming was also stunned. Everyone in the house were equally stunned. The lower ranked leaders behind Governor Zhang were all holding their breath and it took them a long while to finally react.

Governor Zhang had come in such a hurry to Xiancheng just to wish an old lady happy birthday?

That was crazy!

But before anyone could react, Governor Zhang walked up to Grandma Su and shook her hand warmly, "Grandma Su, happy birthday!"

Grandma Su was still in a state of shock. But when she saw how Xu Ming had paled in fright, she realized that this man was definitely someone of high standing.

"Thank you! Thank you! You're so kind!" Grandma Su quickly replied.

All the Xiancheng leaders quickly came over with big smiles and gave Grandma Su warm greetings and well wishes one after another. To Governor Zhang, they were just low ranked leaders. But to Xu Ming, none of these were people he even had the right to speak to.

Those colleagues of Xu Ming's all didn't dare to say anything. They stood to one side as if they were afraid of being seen, and were very uneasy.

"Why did so many important people suddenly appear?"

"I don't know either! What's going on? Because of that young lady, CEO Lin?"

The two of them whispered to each other with pounding hearts. They were really terrified. Everyone in the Su family was equally shocked.

Su Hong opened her mouth to ask but Xu Ming glared at her to shut up. Couldn't she tell what was going on?

Su Hong closed her mouth again.

She could clearly feel the nervousness and uneasiness on her husband's face. This expression only appeared when he was faced with people who were of much higher rank than himself.

"CEO Lin, those investors are here and insist on meeting with you, so I had to come looking for you in a hurry," said Governor Zhang with a smile. "There are a few major projects on hand that insist on working only with Lin Group, and they don't want anyone else."

Lin Yuzhen nodded. "You just had to give me a call, really. I'm so sorry that you had to come all the way here personally."

She was too polite and Governor Zhang gulped. He stole a glance at Jiang Ning and breathed a sigh of relief in his heart when he saw that Jiang Ning wasn't angry.

"Oh no it's no trouble at all. Working hard to expand Donghai's economy is my responsibility, so it's no trouble at all."

"So.." he paused for a while and looked at Lin Yuzhen. "When can CEO Lin go back to Donghai?"

Lin Yuzhen looked back at him. She wanted to leave long ago.

"Let's go now."

"Grandma, we'll be off first." She didn't want to say anymore.

Governor Zhang shook Grandma Sus hand again and was filled with guilt. "Grandma Su, I'm really sorry for interrupting your birthday celebration. But these few projects are really very important and I really need CEO Lin tosettle everything, so I have no choice but to ask her to leave with me."

Grandma Su just kept nodding her head. "Your matters are very important, don't worry about it, don't worry."

Grandma Su was dumbfounded.

Since when was her granddaughter this incredible?

Jiang Ning drove the car with Lin Yuzhen in it and Governor Zhang and the rest all followed suit.

After the entire group of them left, the house was still quiet.

"Then uh, Manager Xu, we have something on, so we'll be off first," Xu Ming's subordinates quickly waved and left.

They could tell that there was something wrong in the air, and they just hoped that coming here to support their department head didn't result

in having their futures destroyed.

Xu Ming's expression was very nasty, but he wasn't angry. He was scared.

He was just a department head, and any of the leaders following behind Governor Zhang could squish him dead anytime, never mind Governor Zhang himself.

But he had seen for himself how those leaders had followed Governor Zhang so closely and didn't even dare to let a fart out!