Chapter 165 Change of Investor

DONG DONG DONG!

Gao Yong knocked on Lin Yuzhen's office door.

"Come in." Lin Yuzhen responded from inside.

Gao Yong walked in and nodded slightly at Jiang Ning when he saw him seated on the sofa. He didn't know anything about Jiang Ning besides knowing that Lin Qiang and son had chosen him to marry into Lin Yuzhen's family.

He was at the hotel when this announcement was made, and back then he had even secretly muttered that Jiang Ning was one lucky guy.

"CEO Lin," Gao Yong smiled. "I've settled the project I'm in charge of, and we'll sign the contract later, I thought I should let you know."

"It's the surgical masks project, right? The secretaries already gave me the report this morning." Lin Yuzhen smiled and clearly trusted an old employee of the company.

When she worked for the old Lin Group, she had heard that Gao Yong was a very capable employee. "Next time, you don't have to come all the way here just to update me on such things."

Gao Yong was pleased to hear this.

As a high ranking senior employee, many people looked up to him, and he was very happy that Lin Yuzhen respected him too. He had come to tell her personally to show his loyalty and his attitude.

"It's such a big project, so of course I have to report to CEO Lin. The new Lin Grou has just started sailing and CEO Lin has to know everything about the company in order to have a good grasp of the company. I will do whatever I can within my ability to share this burden with CEO Lin," Gao Yong said with a smile.

Lin Yuzhen nodded. "Shanshan Group called me yesterday and said they had a good discussion with you. They'd like to treat us to a meal soon."

"Oho, CEO Lin, I've come here today to tell you that after much serious consideration, I think Shanshan Group is not really suitable for the direction Lin Group is headed in"

Lin Yuzhen's expression didn't change, but her heart shook a little.

They weren't suitable for where the company was headed?

This Shanshan Group's funds were clean and they had many investments in Shengcheng. Lin Group chose to work with them partly because they wanted to increase their assets in Donghai, but they also wanted to use Shanshan Group to enter Shengcheng's market.

These met Lin Group's requirements, so why did Gao Yong say they didn't?

Lin Yuzhen instantly sensed that something was amiss.

"It's like that — Shanshan Group has invested in many projects overseas and a lot of their money is flowing out of the country. I feel that they're not interested in developing the local market, so I don't think they're suitable for our future development plans if we continue working with them."

Gao Yong knew that Lin Yuzhen would definitely ask him why, so he prepared this speech beforehand.

"Lin Group is now based in Donghai and moving into Shengcheng is just our first step out before we go on to conquer the local market, and not overseas."

Lin Yuzhen's expression remained calm as she looked at Gao Yong.

"Then which company do you think is more suitable?"

"Yulong Group," replied Gao Yong seriously. "They fulfil our requirements in all aspects. Don't worry CEO Lin, I've checked very carefully.

Lin Yuzhen wanted to ask further, but Jiang Ning looked up at her, so she said, "Since you've already made this choice after serious consideration, then I don't have any opinions. But it's a bit difficult to explain to Shanshan Group, so let me think of how to handle them first. We can sign the contract after I've talked to them."

Gao Yong nodded. "CEO Lin, if it's difficult for you, I can handle this part."

This sort of thing didn't need Lin Yuzhen to personally attend to it.

"They've just asked me out for a meal but we're not working together anymore, so I think it's better if I talk to them." Lin Yuzhen smiled, "I'll settle this, you can go back to work."

Gao Yong walked out, and Lin Yuzhen's expression immediately darkened. Changing investor at such short notice was no small matter, but Gao Yong had actually explained it away so simply.