Chapter 56

What was the world coming to? Su Mei was saying nice things about Jing Ning already?

It had only been about a month.

This Jiang Ning was really good at stealing hearts huh.

“That’s not what I meant.”

Su Mei shook her head. “What I meant was, Jiang Ning is too outstanding.”

“Huh?”

Lin Yuzhen froze.

“We shouldn’t be a burden to him.”

Su Mei looked back at Lin Yuzhen. “Once the timing is right, we should annul this marriage and give him back his freedom.”

Jiang Ning and Lin Yuzhen had collected their certificate of marriage, but they had not consummated their marriage.

Previously, Su Mei had felt that Jiang Ning was not worthy of her daughter. But now she felt that Jiang Ning was too outstanding, so outstanding that she couldn’t imagine that her own daughter could be worthy of him.

After living for a few decades now, she could tell that Jiang Ning was no ordinary man.

She didn’t know why he had come to their family, but Jiang Ning had no ill intentions towards them. He had continuously protected and helped them, and Su Mei was very grateful for this.

She had even thought that even if Jiang Ning wasn’t her son-in-law, it wasn’t a bad idea for him to be her godson.

But even so, they couldn’t continue to tie Jiang Ning to them because that would be tying his happiness to them as well.

Lin Yuzhen was quiet for a while after hearing Su Mei’s words, then she said resignedly, “Mum, I never intended to go for something that I can’t reach.”

She wasn’t that sort of person.

There were still some soap bubbles on Su Mei’s hand, but she reached out and gently pinched Lin Yuzhen’s face. “Mum knows! None of us in this family is that sort, so let’s all work hard and return his favor, got it?”

“Got it!”

Lin Yuzhen nodded her head in all seriousness.

……

Meanwhile, in Lin Xiao’s bungalow.

He had changed the type of wood in his incense burner, and now the smell was even stronger.

Lin Xiao sat on his rosewood chair, chanting and moving his Buddhist beads in his hands.

He heard the door open and there was the sound of familiar footsteps walking in, so he knew exactly who had come.

“Where did you find the time to visit me?”

Lin Xiao opened his eyes and smiled. He stopped his chanting and turned to see Lin Qiang. “Where’s Lin Feng? This boy hasn’t come to see me in quite a while.”

Lin Qiang’s face didn’t look too good.

“He’s entertaining a few friends from Shengcheng these few days,” Lin Qiang replied.

He walked over to Lin Xiao and opened his mouth but closed it again.

“What, you have something to say?”

Lin Qiang had never been the type to beat around the bush, why was he so hesitant today?

“Something’s happened.”

Lin Qiang suddenly fell on his knees with a thud. “Dad, I’ve let you down!”

Lin Xiao got a shock when he saw Lin Qiang fall to his knees, and he rushed over to pull him up. “What happened? What’s happened?”

Lin Qiang had fallen to his knees like that, so something terrible must have happened.

“The medical equipment factory project has been snatched away by Lin Yuzhen.”

Lin Qiang felt his face burning as he talked about this. He felt like Lin Yuzhen and her family had slapped his face several times when he thought about what happened earlier.

It hurt so much he felt pain, humiliation and anger!

“What? What did you say?!”

Lin Xiao’s beard shook. He thought he heard wrongly since he was getting old.

Lin Yuzhen pulled a lot of dirty tricks, so all the contracts we have state that this project has nothing to do with Lin Group, and is an asset under Lin Yuzhen’s own name.”

Lin Qiang was furious. “We’ve invested millions of dollars, putting in huge amounts of human and financial capital, but in the end…everything was really being done for Lin Yuzhen!”

Lin Xiao’s entire body was shaking.

This project was the most important project to advance his company, so he had put in a lot of investment. And now it been taken away by Lin Yuzhen?

“Bastards! All bastards! How did I raise such an ungrateful bastard!”

Lin Xiao started shouting angrily. “Where’s Lin Wen? Does he know about this?!”

“I’m sure he knows. Part of this might have even been his doing too, we’ve really underestimated him.”

Lin Xiao took a few deep breaths and felt giddy, as if he was about to faint.

Lin Qiang ran over to help him up.

“Dad! Dad! Calm down, calm down!”

Lin Xiao’s face was all red as his blood pressure soared, and he was so angry he couldn’t catch his breath…