Chapter 57

He should have seen this coming. Why would Lin Wen and family take this lying down? After suffering for so many years, they wouldn’t just quietly continue to tolerate.

In fact, they might have eyed the Lins for a long time now, and done all sorts of things to hurt the Lins’ profits. They had been helping a bunch of animals!

“Lin Yuzhen said that her family is her family, and has nothing to do with our family.”

Lin Qiang angrily continued, “These ungrateful leeches, I must have been blind to have given them a chance!”

Lin Xiao didn’t say anything and only continued breathing hard so that he wouldn’t faint from anger.

After a long while, his breathing became more normal. He looked at Lin Qiang with bloodshot eyes, disappointment and anger written all over his face. He really wanted to slap Lin Qiang hard for not being able to protect what belonged to them.

But when he saw how Lin Qiang’s eyes were bloodshot and his face was so fatigued, he couldn’t bear to.

“Back then…when they had that ungrateful child, I should have drowned her!”

Lin Xiao clenched his fists and roared.

He took another deep breath to help himself remain as calm as possible.

There was no point in saying this now.

“Hmph, even if they’ve snatched it away, we’ve got to get it back!”

Lin Xiao continued, “Lin Qiang, listen up. I don’t care what price we pay, but you’ve got to make sure they regret doing this. Got me?”

“Got it!”

Lin Qiang nodded seriously.

He hesitated again. “There’s something else Dad. I’m not sure if I should say it.”

“Spit it out!”

Was there something even worse than this?

Lin Xiao was almost going mad with fury.

“Tomorrow, Lin Wen and family will start a new Lin Group, and they’ve invited me to the opening ceremony.”

Lin Qiang’s face was all red from the humiliation and anger he felt.

“New Lin Group?”

Lin Xiao’s blood pressure had just gone back to normal, and now it soared again.

Suddenly everything went black. Lin Xiao gave a cry, then his face turned red, and opened his mouth to spit a mouthful of blood out. He was so angry, he fainted and collapsed on the floor!

“Dad! Dad!”

Lin Qiang’s face was drained of color and he held onto Lin Xiao. “Somebody! Call the ambulance! Now!”

All the servants rushed over to help, and nobody noticed a glint of evil flash across Lin Qiang’s lips.

The ambulance arrived shortly and took Lin Xiao away.

Lin Qiang followed the ambulance and clutched his father’s hand with worry written all over his face.

“Dad, don’t worry! It’ll be fine, nothing will happen to you!”

Lin Xiao’s mouth was a little crooked to one side, his speech unclear, and his hands and feet were shaking violently. He wanted to say something but wasn’t able to.

Lin Xiao had suffered a stroke.

The news reached Lin Wen quickly. He only shook his head and didn’t say anything.

Lin Yuzhen and Su Mei didn’t say anything either. The Lins had nothing to do with them anymore.

To Lin Xiao, their family was no longer part of his family from a long time ago.

The next day, Lin Wen got up early in the morning, shaved and set his hair nicely.

He had on a new suit, new tie and leather shoes.

Su Mei personally helped Lin Wen to put on his tie. Her eyes became a little teary as she looked at this charming and handsome husband of hers.

She hadn’t seen Lin Wen this energetic in years.

“Dear, I promise, I will work hard so that you and Yuzhen will be able to live well,” Lin Wen said solemnly.

Su Mei nodded. “I know, I’ve always believed that.”

Jiang Ning drove the family to the office.

The night before, Huang Yuming had already arranged for someone to change the signboard from Huang Group to Lin Group. He had also arranged for people to renovate the office.

All the workers in the office were waiting in the hall for the new chairman and general manager to arrive.

Nobody had expected the company to change its owner overnight. And what was even more shocking was that Huang Yuming was the one who saw to it personally.

Jiang Ning stopped at the entrance. Huang Yuming immediately went over to take out the wheelchair from the trunk and put it in front of the car door.

“Come Dad, I’ll help you.”

Jiang Ning helped Lin Wen onto the wheelchair while Huang Yuming held the wheelchair steady. Once Lin Wen was comfortably seated, he gently pushed the wheelchair along.

“CEO Lin, everyone’s waiting for you,” said Huang Yuming to Lin Wen with a smile.

“Thank you!” Lin Wen replied with great sincerity.

He had no idea how any of this happened, but he knew that if Jiang Ning said there were no problems, then there really weren’t any problems.

This could be the only chance he had to prove himself in this life, so he was going to cherish it.