Chapter 33

Lin Yuzhen was about to call her grandfather, but Lin Wen waved his hand, telling her not to disturb Lin Xiao.

He knew that they weren’t important enough for the old man to stop what he was doing to listen to them.

Lin Yuzhen bit her lips. This wasn’t the first time she was in such a situation.

If it was Lin Qiang and son who came, things wouldn’t look like that.

After a long time, Lin Xiao finally finished reciting all the scriptures, and slowly opened his eyes.

He turned and saw Lin Wen and daughter, and frowned.

“You’re here.”

He had only said these two words calmly and slowly, as if these two people standing in front of him wasn’t his own son and granddaughter.

“Dad, I need to talk to you about something.”

Lin Wen was already used to the way Lin Xiao treated him.

Ever since he became disabled and wasn’t able to contribute to the Lins anymore and even needed financial assistance from the family, he had lost his standing in the family.

If Lin Qiang and son hadn’t gone too far in attacking Lin Yuzhen, he didn’t want to be here at all.

“Speak.”

Lin Xiao said very little, as if he wasn’t willing to spend any additional words on Lin Wen.

“The project that Yuzhen is in charge of. It’s a very important project to the Lins, right?”

Lin Xiao frowned. He figured that Lin Wen had come today to get some benefits out of him.

He knew about this matter. Lin Qiang had told him before that Lin Yuzhen had used some way of making Huang Yuming insist that she remained solely in charge of the project, otherwise he would refuse to do this project.

He was already unhappy about this, but he didn’t want to say anything after considering the greater benefit to the Lins.

He didn’t expect Lin Wen to come knocking on his door for benefits.

Did he really think that the Lins couldn’t manage this project without Lin Yuzhen?

When he thought about this, Lin Xiao had even more contempt in his eyes when he looked at Lin Yuzhen.

It was useless having daughters after all. They were to be married off, and might even take some assets along with them when they got married.

“Yes, it’s very important.”

Lin Xiao looked up. “Isn’t Yuzhen in charge of it now? Why? What else do you want?”

Lin Yuzhen felt some discomfort in her heart when she heard this.

Did her grandfather think that they would come here only because they wanted something? Like asking for some benefit for themselves?

“No.”

Lin Wen shook his head. “We are members of the Lin family, so it’s only right for us to work for the Lins. I have no requests to make, and I do not intend to reap any benefit for myself.”

“But, Lin Qiang has been making trouble again and again, affecting Yuzhen’s work and even trying to ruin this project at all costs! Isn’t that going too far?!”

Lin Wen started getting agitated.

“He found some gangsters to make trouble for Yuzhen, creating trouble at the factory construction site and even wanted to harm Yuzhen. What is the meaning of this? This project belongs to Lin Group, and not myself or my daughter!”

Lin Xiao’s eyes widened and stared hard at Lin Wen.

“What did you say?”

Lin Xiao didn’t look like he believed Lin Wen at all.

“That’s not possible.”

He immediately continued, “Lin Qiang is your eldest brother, and he’s now the CEO of Lin Group. He wouldn’t do anything that would cause the company to suffer any losses.”

“Dad!”

Lin Wen became anxious. “Do you think I would lie to you?”

There was proof of everything that happened. Did he have to get Jiang Ning to drag some of those hooligans here to give an account to Lin Xiao before he would believe?

“Hmph, why would I believe you?”

Lin Xiao calmly said instead, “Lin Qiang isn’t that sort of person.”

Lin Wen stared blankly at Lin Xiao. He suddenly felt that he was really stupid for coming here to question Lin Qiang’s actions.

It was impossible for Lin Xiao to believe him.

To Lin Xiao, only Lin Qiang was his son – what was he?

“Lin Wen, I know it’s been hard on you, being paralyzed all these years. You can’t earn a single cent for the family and you even have to beg me for money, it must feel terrible.”

Lin Wen’s eyes were red now.

“But you shouldn’t slander your brother like that. If he hadn’t helped you financially all these years, your family wouldn’t have survived till now.”

“Yuzhen is in charge of this project only because Lin Qiang kept recommending her to me, in hope that I would give your family a chance. And now not only are you failing to keep an eye on Yuzhen and making sure she’s working hard, you’ve even come here to badmouth your brother?”

Lin Xiao shook his head, his face filled with disappointment. “You have made me so disappointed.”

“Grandpa…”

Lin Yuzhen started getting angry. Lin Xiao was spouting nonsense!

“You don’t talk.”

Lin Xiao cut her off immediately. “You have no right to speak in this house!”